Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom League Soc

• 26-09-2008 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hey

just trying to suss out interest in starting a league of ireland society.need 20 people and have come across many fans this week.

drop a line to say who you follow and il take it from there.

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

I've always wondered what people do in a society?

Like what do you all just sit around and talk about stuff?

But im a Dundalk supporter and I know LeixlipRed is a Shelbourne supporter, there is a good few LOI supporters around Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭mrstpatsfc

sit around and talk,arrange trips to games,organise matches on the astro etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Sweet idea. Sign me up. Astro matches is a great idea. Bit of friendly rivalry. Not sure if you'll find 20 people through here though

na not through here.also going to get a column in the spoke.will discuss with some people next week about setting up and will fill you in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

viva la junkies

Top notch idea.
    Monday Night sessions when MNS is on, get the Feck All Intelligence to send somebody out for a 'fan discussion' and the sort, few astroturf kickabouts, watch the 'boys in green' (:rolleyes:) and whatever else.

If you see me in the Pats red kit walking around say hello, always nice to see more L.O.I fans around.

• Advertisement

Any word on how this is progressing?

idea yet to get off ground due to delayed response from people i have emailed about setting it up.

shall hope to sort this asap.

would like to get peoples thoughts on here regarding the close season?what we could do etc will the society still have good attendances ?etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Forza Fat Tony

mrstpatsfc wrote: »
    idea yet to get off ground due to delayed response from people i have emailed about setting it up.

shall hope to sort this asap.

would like to get peoples thoughts on here regarding the close season?what we could do etc will the society still have good attendances ?etc

You have to take into consideration also that the season was over with around 6/7 weeks to go. There is zero feel-good factor/vibe about the league of late with the news about Drogs not paying their players this week, Cork going into administration, Cobh and Harps in trouble, Bohs future unceratin with the courtcase.

Good idea btw, would be willing to contribute - Rovers fan.

We could just try organise a kickabout on the indoor or astro or whatever to get the ball rolling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Monday Night Soccer pints is the way to go :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 xmrs-torresx

Definitely up for this!

MNS pints gr8 idea, now that Dundalk will be on it every week:D:D:p:p

If there's any Dundalk fans involved I'll quit ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 xmrs-torresx

Now why would u do a thing like that???:D

Hope ye have fun in the first division next season!!!;):P

Advertisement