Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal Audit to Assistant Financial Controller in Industry

• 26-09-2008 11:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭

Anybody out there made this transition?

The vast majority of industry jobs out there are in numbers type roles....

I am ACCA qualified & looking to move to industry from practice - however I haven't done enough of numbers as a trainee in the internal audit role I currently have and it appears to be difficult to generate any interest in my CV in order to get interviews for finance type roles in industry....this despite that the fact that I would have very strong exam results in both Auditing & Financial Reporting....

I took the internal audit role in practice was a way in to accounting in order to get the exams done - I changed to accountancy after 5 years as a software engineer/business analyst - I do have some accounting experience from doing sole trader & ltd company accounts so understand DR & CR but not managing to get interviews for assistant Financial Controller type roles in industry.....which is ideally what I want to do....

Any info appreciated

Thanks in advance:pac:

Advertisement