Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One 72 year old heartbeat away from the presidency ..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

And yet republicans still somehow attempt to defend her. Blaming the criticism she receives on the fact that she's a woman. Hilary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, Madeleine Albright and Condoleezza Rice are intelligent female American politicians. This woman is a dumbass and is not qualified to be a governor never mind vice-president or even potentially the president.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

You know I feel sorry for her. It's obvious that VP of the USA is too high a post for her with her current level of experiance yet she's been sucked into this and is doing the best that she can. Het best may not be good enough but I really do feel for the women.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Lirange

Still nowhere near as inept or clumsy as W.

I don't think she's dumb just grotesquely uninformed on too many issues. My main concern is the fact that she's further right than Countess Bathory. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

• Registered Users Posts: 83,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

zod wrote: »
    How do you feel about banana hammocks Mrs. Palin?

Palin: I absolutely love pickles. We need more pickles. Have you ever put pickles into your waffle batter? Its better than sex and I know a thing or two about sex its all about field dressing the moose before you shore up the economy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

What is she suppose to say in fairness?

Those kinda figures fly over 99.99% of our heads.

It does make you stop and put some perspective on these numbers that are being thrown around, like 700 billion seconds ago it was 2006 years ago/ 02 AD :eek:

Giving that kinda money to any purpose, just breeds even more corruption.I couldnt answer that question without talking sh$t, I doubt anyone could.

Remeber D. Rumsfeld telling congress years ago that they couldn't account for 2.5 trillion.

skelliser wrote: »
    Now living in SC, this saddens me greatly.

Although I wonder how easy it would be to convince her to stick something in her mouth. blindfolded and bound.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Wow, that is pretty ridiculous alrite. At least she didn't mention God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

MSNBC is to the left what FOX news is to the right.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

not the entire network, just olbermann, maddow, matthews and gregory.

scarborough4lyfe

sink wrote: »

Seems CNN are too ..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

sink wrote: »

I wouldn't put FOX in the same area of stations that actually report the news. Some parts of MSNBC are far left leaning (in US scale), but they don't have make straight out lies that Fox News does.

I like how you dismissed the video based on the station though. Most of it is just showing McCain talking.

I mean watch the video!! He claims her PTA experience makes her a viable VP and that he hasn't heard of any news of people thinking Palin is no way near experienced despite polls say otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Seems CNN are too ..

"reality has a well-known liberal bias" - Stephen Colbert.

Hobbes wrote: »
    I wouldn't put FOX in the same area of stations that actually report the news. Some parts of MSNBC are far left leaning (in US scale), but they don't have make straight out lies that Fox News does.

I like how you dismissed the video based on the station though. Most of it is just showing McCain talking.

I mean watch the video!! He claims her PTA experience makes her a viable VP and that he hasn't heard of any news of people thinking Palin is no way near experienced despite polls say otherwise.

I am not dismissing the report i'm just adding the fact that the source is completely biased. I have a strong distaste for Palin and think she is way out of her depth but that doesn't mean I don't look upon news sources who are in the tank for one candidate or the other with suspicion. Oh and btw I am a social liberal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

What I find impressive about that clip is that Couric managed to keep a straight face right throughout Palin's ramble answer, and not just simply stare agog as it got messier and messier.

Yay, two intelligent americans! with boobs!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

She's still really hot.....

.... for a vulcan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

That was a party political broadcast on behalf of common sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Hobbes wrote: »

CNN are ultra left wing .
    Their coverage is more biased than Fox News from what I have seen.
    Their post analysis of the debate this week was scurrilous and frankly insulting to peoples intelligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

CNN are ultra left wing .
    Their coverage is more biased than Fox News from what I have seen.
    Their post analysis of the debate this week was scurrilous and frankly insulting to peoples intelligence.

You've got to be joking. I think CNN are a poor news channel (I know of at least 2 instances where they have faked "live footage from XYZ warzone") but they're definitely not "ultra left wing".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

My faith in middle America and Alaska has been somewhat restored by those two ladies :)

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

jmayo wrote: »
    My faith in middle America and Alaska has been somewhat restored by those two ladies :)

Check out The Mudflats for a few more.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

The Steve Staunton of US politics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Pocono Joe

Overheal wrote: »
    Yay, two intelligent americans! with boobs!

Or two boobs that happen to be Americans. :)

*cough* - theres 4 boobs pictured...

CNN left leaning, most likely. Ultra Left Regime? Hardly.

Still if you're going to blame the couric interviews on being misrepresented on the left, even the right-wing admitted they were a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

What's interesting is that Palin said at a rally that she was unable to answer because she was so angry (don't have the source but have seen it on video). I think she's being quite generous to herself there, but clever way to spin it to fans desperate to believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Overheal wrote: »
    CNN left leaning, most likely. Ultra Left Regime? Hardly.

It's been remarked upon before over the years on the politics forum about the US media's stance. Most stations (I would include CNN in "most") are actually centre-right, i.e. they're relatively "sane and normal" albeit slightly conservative on the whole. It's just that Fox is so far over to the right that it makes the rest of the media seem left-wing or some such.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Gotta get me some more of that sharp political insight. :rolleyes: If they really had anything useful or insightful beyond the undergraduate babbling, it would have been all over and done with, inside 2 minutes. TBH find that kind of dim-witted nonsense worse than the so-called "Middle America idiots" who have been much criticised here, because people offering it actually think they are clever. Much, much better sources out there to explain what the problem with Palin is.

Advertisement