Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One 72 year old heartbeat away from the presidency ..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

is_that_so wrote: »
    Gotta get me some more of that sharp political insight. :rolleyes: If they really had anything useful or insightful beyond the undergraduate babbling, it would have been all over and done with, inside 2 minutes. TBH find that kind of dim-witted nonsense worse than the so-called "Middle America idiots" who have been much criticised here, because people offering it actually think they are clever. Much, much better sources out there to explain why Palin could be a problem.

I bet they could name more than 1 supreme court ruling....unlike a certain VP candidate :rolleyes:

Middle American feckwits like the woman who asked McCain if Obama was an Ayrab at a townhall during the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

This sounds like playground logic. Neither of these examples offer any evidence as to what Middle America is or is not.

These two women are random individuals with very incoherent,random thoughts who have been posted here with a suggested degree of credibility simply because they come from Alaska. As I said much better stuff out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

These two women are random individuals with very incoherent,random thoughts who have been posted here with a suggested degree of credibility simply because they come from Alaska. As I said much better stuff out there.

I agree with you. But what p!sses me off to no end is the complete inconsistency here. If they came up with solid logical arguments they'd have been attacked as being part of the "liberal media elite", or some other crap like that.

The inconsistency was nicely portrayed by the Daily Show where they had clips of the what people thought the 2 VP candidates had to do to be considered a winner.

Biden: "be respectful to Palin", "call her Governer Palin, not Sarah", "get his points across clearly", "don't make any gaffs", "don't come across as a bully", and on and on.

Palin: "speak in English (if possible)".

Why are the Republican candidates ALWAYS held to lower standards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Gotta get me some more of that sharp political insight. :rolleyes: If they really had anything useful or insightful beyond the undergraduate babbling, it would have been all over and done with, inside 2 minutes. TBH find that kind of dim-witted nonsense worse than the so-called "Middle America idiots" who have been much criticised here, because people offering it actually think they are clever. Much, much better sources out there to explain what the problem with Palin is.

They're voters. They're voters from a demograph and area that is being portrayed to the world as 100% behind Palin.

They don't need to be intelligent, they don't need to have sharp political insight to be damaging to Palin.

What everyone here seems to ignore is that every single voter's opinion is as important as the next. This just shows that Alaskan's don't all fall in behind Palin.

If one thing is true about political beliefs, it is that they are almost always inherited.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Overheal wrote: »
    *cough* - theres 4 boobs pictured...

Boob in the older sense of 'fool', I believe he meant.
    Lemming wrote: »
    It's been remarked upon before over the years on the politics forum about the US media's stance. Most stations (I would include CNN in "most") are actually centre-right, i.e. they're relatively "sane and normal" albeit slightly conservative on the whole. It's just that Fox is so far over to the right that it makes the rest of the media seem left-wing or some such.

From what I remember of CNN, they are centre-right. Haven't watched it for years, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

From what I remember of CNN, they are centre-right. Haven't watched it for years, though.
    Not according to the right, but thats because you have people like hannity limbaugh savage and o'reilly telling their listeners that CNN and other news stations are the enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭smartypants

zod wrote: »

id still lob one into that :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Overheal wrote: »
    Not according to the right, but thats because you have people like hannity limbaugh savage and o'reilly telling their listeners that CNN and other news stations are the enemy.

Well yes, but I meant according to sensible people.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

GuanYin wrote: »
    They're voters. They're voters from a demograph and area that is being portrayed to the world as 100% behind Palin.

They don't need to be intelligent, they don't need to have sharp political insight to be damaging to Palin.

What everyone here seems to ignore is that every single voter's opinion is as important as the next. This just shows that Alaskan's don't all fall in behind Palin.

If one thing is true about political beliefs, it is that they are almost always inherited.

Indeed they are and are fully entitled to their opinion although this 100% support is not a perception I ever had of Palin.

My original comments had more to do with the credibility of this video as a valid commentary on either Middle America or Palin herself. Much as right or left wing pundits get kicked around here, they do at least have the advantage of having done it professionally for quite some time.

Advertisement