Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty key

Options
  • 27-09-2008 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭

I have a roland jp8000 which I bought 2nd hand in great condition and which I have looked after very well since I bought it (about 6years ago).
    But just the other day I noticed that one of the keys has stopped working. I wouldn't mind if it was down on the lower scale of the keys or on the upper scale but its right beside middle C. Can anyone tell me if this is easily (and cheaply) fixed or am I resigned to having a less than 100% working condition synth?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

jiltloop wrote: »
    I have a roland jp8000 which I bought 2nd hand in great condition and which I have looked after very well since I bought it (about 6years ago).
    But just the other day I noticed that one of the keys has stopped working. I wouldn't mind if it was down on the lower scale of the keys or on the upper scale but its right beside middle C. Can anyone tell me if this is easily (and cheaply) fixed or am I resigned to having a less than 100% working condition synth?

future sounds are good at keyboard repair, ask them, chances are that water got into the keyboard circuits, best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

jiltloop wrote: »

Just go to Roland out in Ballymount, trained service and they'll probably have spares on the shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

dav nagle wrote: »
    chances are that water got into the keyboard circuits,

??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭jiltloop

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Just go to Roland out in Ballymount, trained service and they'll probably have spares on the shelf.
    Yeah I may just try there first. Future sounds location would be handier for me but of course going directly to roland themselves would probably be a better option. Cheers Paul.

• Advertisement
Advertisement