Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beep.SYS Issue

• 27-09-2008 1:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have a similar problem as listed on the following thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055384660&referrerid=59211

However, I do not have a floppy drive and to be honest I am not that computer savvy. Could someone please help and be kind enought to list all the steps to fix my desktop.

I need help desperately!!!!!!!! Thank you in advance

Dominicano

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Can you boot to "Safe Mode" successfully?

Do you have an XP Disc available or can you get one?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dominicano

I called Dell Customer Service and they downloaded a fix onto my computer after repairing Windows.

That was a nasty bug after uploading the fix.. it did not want to leave...we had to upload the fix twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Dominicano wrote: »
    I called Dell Customer Service and they downloaded a fix onto my computer after repairing Windows.

That was a nasty bug after uploading the fix.. it did not want to leave...we had to upload the fix twice.

Great, you are all sorted so?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement