Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rechecking Exams...When Should I Know Result?

Options
  • 27-09-2008 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

I was just wondering has everyone got theres and if they did what does the envelope and paper inside look like.cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

eyresquare wrote: »
    I was just wondering has everyone got theres and if they did what does the envelope and paper inside look like.cheers

No-one's got them i assume, except those emergency re-checks.

But i would like to know when they come out too.

If any of mine go up i'd be well chuffed!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

they should be out soon enough, i was correcting appeals and i finished them on tuesday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭WaldenByThoreua

Its usually mid October isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

Emergency appeals??

I'm waiting for a course change if I get an upgrade and it's seriously pissing me off!!

Well i heard about some girl who got 590pts but a b1 in physics so she didnt get her course in Edinburgh. She has been upgraded to an a1!
    So i don't know if it was because there was a very clear miscalculation of marks on the paper which lead to the quick upgrade or because she was going to Scotland.

Everyones hopes are too high with these re-checks.
    I am prepared to be disappointed.
    Still got my course though, hope above poster gets upgraded:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

Emergency appeals??

I'm waiting for a course change if I get an upgrade and it's seriously pissing me off!!
    If there's been an administrative error such that the mark awarded by the examiner does not correspond to the grade you were issued, this can be fixed without getting an appeal, by completing the relevant form at viewing time.

It doesn't get referred to an examiner, which is why they can sort it out quickly. The details were in the information leaflet you got.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭smndly

they should be out soon enough, i was correcting appeals and i finished them on tuesday...

Just wondering what subject were you correcting and if your allowed say, what % of people got an upgrade?? Cheers!

I rang the department today and they said the schools will receive them this wednesday. Hopefully the schools wont want to hold on to them for a while lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 M_G_M_T

smndly wrote: »
    I rang the department today and they said the schools will receive them this wednesday. Hopefully the schools wont want to hold on to them for a while lol.

Thanks, so I suppose we will receive them at home on thursday???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

:eek: I asked our career guidance teacher today and she said we'll get them on the week of the 20th.

• Advertisement

They will be on examinations.ie at noon tomorrow.

Holy moly you're right.
    Serious nerves all of a sudden...alot of money on the line:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Just wondering what subject were you correcting and if your allowed say, what % of people got an upgrade?? Cheers!

well i post enough on the subject around here so it would be easy enough to work out - ag science

as for upgrades that's not something i'm going to comment on, i was only one of a group of correctors and also it's impossible to know if a student would be upgraded/downgraded in my subject without knowing what they got in the practical component - unless of course they were upgraded/downgraded by so many marks that it would equal 5%

I don't know what the final breakdown of results is anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Thank you very much, I wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't for this post.

Advertisement