Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever taken Ecstasy / MDMA?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

eightyfish wrote: »
    Really? I note the Underworld album as your username. This is one band that definitely still does it for me. Seen them live a few times high, drunk and totally sober. Great every time and some of the best gigs I've ever been to.

Electronica was something I loved before I ever took anything, and I still love it now. Anything specifically you've lost interest in?

Did u not just copy what i said!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

I don't think so. Though you did mention the username so I'll change my wording if it bothers you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 fruit lollie

Really? FLYNN_DOG noted the Underworld album as your username. This is one band that definitely still does it for me. Seen them live a few times high, drunk and totally sober. Great every time and some of the best gigs I've ever been to.

Electronica was something I loved before I ever took anything, and I still love it now. Anything specifically you've lost interest in?

Hear hear to Underworld! It is thanks to this fantastic music that i discovered that I could actually really enjoy a good gig without anything to enhance my mood or alter my state of mind. The music just did it for me! Did I hear that Karl Hyde doesn't do anything himself?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Dubnobasswithmyheadman is kinda where it started and stopped for me with Underworld. With the exception of Born Slippy when some DJ (probably Johnny Moy) played it in the Temple of Sound and the place went absolutely mental... weeks were spent trying to find out the name of the tune... well, probably days but life seemed to take longer to pass by then :pac:

Hear hear to Underworld! It is thanks to this fantastic music that i discovered that I could actually really enjoy a good gig without anything to enhance my mood or alter my state of mind. The music just did it for me! Did I hear that Karl Hyde doesn't do anything himself?

He does vocals and guitars, possibly some other stuff too. Rick Smith does most of the programming. I liked Born Slippy but was never mad about it. Always preferred more mellow stuff (Banstyle/River of Bass/Thing in a Book) and funkier tracks (Jumbo). Flat out best dancefloor tracks have to be Two Months Off and Rez, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

He does vocals and guitars, possibly some other stuff too. Rick Smith does most of the programming. I liked Born Slippy but was never mad about it. Always preferred more mellow stuff (Banstyle/River of Bass/Thing in a Book) and funkier tracks (Jumbo). Flat out best dancefloor tracks have to be Two Months Off and Rez, though.
    Hahaha. :D

Have a look at the thread title and think about your answer again. ;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Flat out best dancefloor tracks have to be Two Months Off and Rez, though.
    Yeah I've always loved these tracks too!

Hehehe....very funny! I meant does he do any drugs???? *LOL* I have to say you have good taste if you like Two Months Off and Rez. Pearls Girl does it for me everytime! Spine chilling each and every time I listen to it.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Hahaha. :D

Have a look at the thread title and think about your answer again. ;)

I nearly fell off the chair laughing when i read that!

• Advertisement

Hehehe....very funny! I meant does he do any drugs???? *LOL* I have to say you have good taste if you like Two Months Off and Rez. Pearls Girl does it for me everytime! Spine chilling each and every time I listen to it.

Ah! Hmm. I see. :rolleyes:

He used to drink a lot but he hasn't for years, since before Beaucoup Fish. Pearl's girl is friggin' awesome also. Remember playing that really loud on my home stereo when it came out. Loved the closing track on that album.

Ah! Hmm. I see. :rolleyes:

He used to drink a lot but he hasn't for years, since before Beaucoup Fish. Pearl's girl is friggin' awesome also. Remember playing that really loud on my home stereo when it came out. Loved the closing track on that album.

I went to see them last year in the Pod. The venue was far too ridiculously small for such a band. Would love to see them again! (in a bigger place of course). Yeah I heard a rumour that he was finished doing bold stuff anymore. Sure he is 52 yrs old!

I went to see them last year in the Pod. The venue was far too ridiculously small for such a band.

Was at same gig, agree completely. They sold out two nights, and it was impossible to move in the place. Very difficult to dance in any meaningful way, long queues even in the men's toilet.

Also saw them at Wit**e**, Homelands and at an outdoor double-header with Basement Jaxx. Better outdoors!!!

Was at same gig, agree completely. They sold out two nights, and it was impossible to move in the place. Very difficult to dance in any meaningful way, long queues even in the men's toilet.

Also saw them at Wit**e**, Homelands and at an outdoor double-header with Basement Jaxx. Better outdoors!!!

Ah yeah it was dreadful, particularly for me as it was my first time seeing them live and I left the place feeling very disappointed indeed. I must keep my ears and eyes open for the next event and hopefully like you say, outdoors would be cool! Saw Kraftwerk in Killmainham last year also but ended up taking far too much of a [FONT=&quot]concoction [/FONT] of everything that evening so didn't really get to appreciate them the way i should have:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Photojoe wrote: »
    Dragan the sportsman, the hulk taking monkeychats? Tell me its not true.

Much like the rubix cube i have many sides and they tend to get mixed up.:pac:

Everyone's gone very quiet. Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned Underworld? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I saw Underworld last summer. Was pretty cool except my MOTHER was there too with her friends and I had to concentrate on hiding my face.:rolleyes:

Lia_lia wrote: »
    I saw Underworld last summer. Was pretty cool except my MOTHER was there too with her friends and I had to concentrate on hiding my face.:rolleyes:

*LOL*

I've had electronica on when my parents are around a few times. My Mam usually says "Oh, that's very repetitive, isn't it?" and my Dad usually says "Is that Mike Oldfield?"

LOL....sure my own daughter was probably there too! At least she would have seen what a cool Mum she had dancing her lil soxs off.
    Lia_lia wrote: »

• Advertisement

This just gets better and better! I would hate to think what my own parents would have said if they heard the stuff I listen to. They would be turning in their graves! Mike Oldfield???? OMG I havn't heard of him in donkeys years! Funny enough, I reckon a lot of good stuff could be done with his old music, thinkin of Tubular Bells............Imagine an electronica version of that? Maybe there is one already:confused:. There I go again, showing off my youthfull age:eek:
    *LOL*

I've had electronica on when my parents are around a few times. My Mam usually says "Oh, that's very repetitive, isn't it?" and my Dad usually says "Is that Mike Oldfield?"

This just gets better and better! I would hate to think what my own parents would have said if they heard the stuff I listen to. They would be turning in their graves! Mike Oldfield???? OMG I havn't heard of him in donkeys years! Funny enough, I reckon a lot of good stuff could be done with his old music, thinkin of Tubular Bells............Imagine an electronica version of that? Maybe there is one already:confused:. There I go again, showing off my youthfull age:eek:

But of course there are remixes of Mike Oldfield tracks out there... there are always plenty of sh*te producers more than happy to take an old track and turn it in to some horrible trance crap.

A quick check on youtube for 'Mike Oldfield' and 'Remix' yielded an excellent example of the tripe one might expect to find...

God I think I could have done better myself! Cringe..........

Felixdhc wrote: »
    But of course there are remixes of Mike Oldfield tracks out there... there are always plenty of sh*te producers more than happy to take an old track and turn it in to some horrible trance crap.

A quick check on youtube for 'Mike Oldfield' and 'Remix' yielded an excellent example of the tripe one might expect to find...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

AHHHHHHH!!!! MY EARS!!!!!!!

Hands you ear muffs! Bad allright..........
    Zascar wrote: »
    AHHHHHHH!!!! MY EARS!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I saw Underworld at Electric Picnic last year and they were class. Indoor again, and in too small a venue where everyone was just too packed in, little ignorant women barging their way around - music was good, as was the atmosphere, but they should have had a bigger stage.

• Advertisement

well I can safely say I wasn't there, so you can count me out as one of the little ignorant women:p

SuprSi wrote: »
    I saw Underworld at Electric Picnic last year and they were class. Indoor again, and in too small a venue where everyone was just too packed in, little ignorant women barging their way around - music was good, as was the atmosphere, but they should have had a bigger stage.

The only time I saw Underworld was I think in Whelans in about 1995... very vague memories of the night as I'm afraid I was very, very out of it :pac:

EVIL!!!!!!!!
    The only time I saw Underworld was I think in Whelans in about 1995... very vague memories of the night as I'm afraid I was very, very out of it :pac:

They played Whelans? Hmm.

I first saw them in the Redbox in 1996 just before they went massive, awesome it was, will always remember that gig.

That was a small venue indeed!I think generally when you go to see them, one does indulge. I kinda regret not being sober and coherent when I saw them in the Pod. Might have appreciated them more. I am very anxious to go see them the next opportunity there is and behave myself at that event!

Sorry no it was the Mean Fiddler, a quick check with my wife confirmed that! Close though...

• Advertisement

Found also the actual date they played on a google search, the 27/10/1995.

http://uwlive.rowla.com/gigs/year/1995

Found also the actual date they played on a google search, the 27/10/1995.

http://uwlive.rowla.com/gigs/year/1995

and from this it appears the redbox gig was 1998. memory serves me wrong.

Guys this thread has been drifiting for the last few pages, get back on topic or just let it die

Or start a new thread about Oldskool Underworld experiences! :cool:

Yeah but I took ecstasy that night...

Well we all know what is to blame for the old memory issues! *LOL*
    and from this it appears the redbox gig was 1998. memory serves me wrong.

I like your suggestion BaZmo but it appears that everyone might not remember their experiences due to firstly age :o and secondly well....probably having taken ectasy too on the night and for many nights since
    Or start a new thread about Oldskool Underworld experiences! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22 K_TRICKS

supprised at the anount that have never gobbled :pac:E
    but not that an important an issue anyway
    sure you'd probably get a better hit of a murry mint these days
    from what ive been lead to believe;)

K_TRICKS..... 2 hours of funked up minimal tehno
    www.playfmdublin.com @midnight every tuesday night

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭domcq

Murry Mints mmmmmmmmm

Enjoyed last week's tunes K_TRICKS. Will be tuning in again tonight.

Where did everybody go?:confused: I thought it was rather enjoyable our disscussion. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpIi0SKGsm8 ..........sighs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

I have read evry page of this discussion and I have some questions....

I am a 19 year old fella just getting into the scene which I wasn't aware of up until this year, rather ignorantly I lumped all the music under the same scumbag **** i.e tiesto but over the year I have changed dramatically starting with Mgmt,Justice,deadmau5,crookers and finally sold at a boyz noize gig (forgive me overlords of cool for been so mainstream) anyway progressively I got more into it and more credible acts and consequently MDMA and Pills.

I haven't taken any yet but have been exposed to it more. For me I got into the music because of the like euphoric sensation the climax like high of a perfect tune (excuse my romantics) . So now Im feeling Im missing out by not taking anything like I haven't got that perfect "buzz". Like I want to get the complete experience. But 1. Are the risks really that low? 2.Should I forget it with the ****e thats out there now? 3.Is taking a half pill a waste of time?

But lastly and most importantly Fruit Lollie are you a MILF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭InTranceWeTrust

Like I want to get the complete experience. But 1. Are the risks really that low? 2.Should I forget it with the ****e thats out there now? 3.Is taking a half pill a waste of time?

1. Yes, there are risks with taking ecstasy. There are risks with everything, its all a matter of weighing out the pros and cons and deciding if the risk is really worth it.
    The risks of taking ecstasy can be considerably reduced if the drug is used sensibly and not abused. This includes drinking the correct amount of water while on it (about a pint every 1-2 hours depending on body heat, physical movement etc..), limiting or eliminating alcohol from the equation, and sticking to sensible doses. Some useful resources...

www.bluelight.ru (harm reduction discussion forum)
    www.erowid.org (unbiased information and first hand experiences of many drugs)

2. There is a lot of fake ecstasy out there today that may or may not give you some kind of buzz, but it is not ecstasy, and from your post I understand this is what you want. I can't see the scene improving for some time. There are still some good pills out there. MDMA crystal is a safer bet, but beware that there is fake stuff in circulation as well.
    If you buy enough E I'm sure eventually you will come across some decent stuff. I'd advise you not to give in and take the fake ****, hold out, it is worth it.
    How will you know if the pills/crystal is real? Buy a testing kit and test everything you buy. They are inexpensive and may literally save your life.

www.pillreports.com (search UK and Ireland reports)
    http://www.eztest.com/shop/ (shop for test kits)

3. It depends on the amount of active ingredient in the pills. Pills can weigh anything from 500mg to 2grams and more depending on the size, but generally a pill won't contain more than 120mg of MDMA. Occassionly you might get a pill with 200mg, but more often than not it is less, like 50mg.
    A testing kit will not tell you how much MDMA is in a pill. Unless you have access to a fully equipt laboratory, you must rely on word of mouth, friends experience, and pillreports.com for guestimates of MDMA content.
    For me a good dose of MDMA would be 80-100mg. That would have me off my tits.
    I know you want your first time to be mind blowing and overwhelming, but in the interest of harm reduction I would advise taking half a pill to start with. In fact, you should take a very small amount to make sure you are not allergic to the chemical. Allergy to MDMA is rare but some poor souls do have it.

I hope this helps you make up your mind. MDMA is not good for the brain, so try space out your usage. Ideally you should leave a gap of at least a month between using to minimise or even avoid damage.

Whatever you decide to do please be safe, and have fun :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

can anyone recommend anything that will help against the jaw clenching or grinding your teeth? seen some people with baby soothers in there mouths does this help at all? recently had a tooth chipped and dont wanna cause any more damage because on occiasion after some gigs i wake up with the sorest jaw ever and cut gums and lips.does any one eat sweets to help it or any other magic prevention techniques?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭InTranceWeTrust

Magnesium capsules from the health shop.

1. Are the risks really that low?

The risks are incredibly low. As New Scientist recently pointed out, any given person is statically safer taking ecstasy than eating peanuts. There is a risk, but it is minuscule.

This does not mean you'll enjoy the comedown. Check the links provided previously by other posters, also have a look at this. Make a decision for yourself but be informed. Stick with mates who know what they're doing, and you'll probably be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

But 1. Are the risks really that low? 2.Should I forget it with the ****e thats out there now? 3.Is taking a half pill a waste of time?

1) Yes. People only ever die from pillzzzz as a result of either drowning themselves with water, or not drinking enough, or dropping like 20...You'd still be better though to try and find a mate who sells then trying to buy in a club, 'cos that way you could end up getting diamonds or something rough..
    2)There's still some good stuff there, especially pure MDMA if you can find it, but Mercs or Mitsis etc. are good too.
    3)Definitely not for your first time, it's more of less the same as drink tolerance wise, as in if you havn't done it before you'll be flying of hardly anything. I'd reccomment dropping a half, then maybe an hour later if you want more have the other half.
    and 4)I do think the amazing perfect climax you're looking for will be found through the magic of pilllzzzz.

*I do not in any way condone the use of ectasy/mdma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

1)

*I do not in any way condone the use of ectasy/mdma.

why not i do :D it's never done me any harm and ive taken thousands over the last 19 years,i have overdone it on many occasions and had some nasty comedowns but in general ive had some of the best times of my life on E @ raves....on the whole MDMA is a safe drug as long as you do not take copious amounts of it or drink too much water/alcohol,etc.

jonny68 wrote: »
    ...it's never done me any harm....
    How do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

How do you know?

how do i know :D well i haven't lost the plot like some hardcore caners have and im in relativelty good health for someone my age so id assume that would be enough information.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭beertons

1. Yes, there are risks with taking ecstasy. There are risks with everything, its all a matter of weighing out the pros and cons and deciding if the risk is really worth it.
    The risks of taking ecstasy can be considerably reduced if the drug is used sensibly and not abused. This includes drinking the correct amount of water while on it (about a pint every 1-2 hours depending on body heat, physical movement etc..), limiting or eliminating alcohol from the equation, and sticking to sensible doses. Some useful resources...

www.bluelight.ru (harm reduction discussion forum)
    www.erowid.org (unbiased information and first hand experiences of many drugs)

2. There is a lot of fake ecstasy out there today that may or may not give you some kind of buzz, but it is not ecstasy, and from your post I understand this is what you want. I can't see the scene improving for some time. There are still some good pills out there. MDMA crystal is a safer bet, but beware that there is fake stuff in circulation as well.
    If you buy enough E I'm sure eventually you will come across some decent stuff. I'd advise you not to give in and take the fake ****, hold out, it is worth it.
    How will you know if the pills/crystal is real? Buy a testing kit and test everything you buy. They are inexpensive and may literally save your life.

www.pillreports.com (search UK and Ireland reports)
    http://www.eztest.com/shop/ (shop for test kits)

3. It depends on the amount of active ingredient in the pills. Pills can weigh anything from 500mg to 2grams and more depending on the size, but generally a pill won't contain more than 120mg of MDMA. Occassionly you might get a pill with 200mg, but more often than not it is less, like 50mg.
    A testing kit will not tell you how much MDMA is in a pill. Unless you have access to a fully equipt laboratory, you must rely on word of mouth, friends experience, and pillreports.com for guestimates of MDMA content.
    For me a good dose of MDMA would be 80-100mg. That would have me off my tits.
    I know you want your first time to be mind blowing and overwhelming, but in the interest of harm reduction I would advise taking half a pill to start with. In fact, you should take a very small amount to make sure you are not allergic to the chemical. Allergy to MDMA is rare but some poor souls do have it.

I hope this helps you make up your mind. MDMA is not good for the brain, so try space out your usage. Ideally you should leave a gap of at least a month between using to minimise or even avoid damage.

Whatever you decide to do please be safe, and have fun :)

If I had my way, that would be post of the day!

Advertisement