Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever taken Ecstasy / MDMA?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

So tell me guys, are Diamonds still out there? Haven't taken any since January, and we'll be stocking up soon for the summer season. Tried to buy one of those tester kits, but I don't have a credit card or paypal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 fruit lollie

But lastly and most importantly Fruit Lollie are you a MILF?[/quote]

Hey you don't be so cheeky! Going by your questions, sounds like you need a lot of maturing to do in this world :p
    Stick to the topic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

beertons wrote: »
    So tell me guys, are Diamonds still out there? Haven't taken any since January, and we'll be stocking up soon for the summer season. Tried to buy one of those tester kits, but I don't have a credit card or paypal.

I havn't seen any since last summer...but I'd say there are most likely still out there :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Diamonds are still rampant from what I've seen. Avoid them, Hammers and Spanner, Lightning Bolts and Stars like the plague.

Seriously, it should be a buyers' market. Stop buying junk and maybe they'll start making good stuff again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

What is good out there at the moment?

• Advertisement

UK and Ireland section of Pillreports.com has the answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

Any recommendations for the best legals available online?

They'd be easier to get in a head shop, the ones in town have loads, I'd say just ask the people working there what're the best. I wouldn't bother with legal ones myself though...
    As for the best ones out there, Mercs or Mitsis are always good as far as I know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭the_dark_side

some people stick them up their arse. i prefer to stick them up my mickey. straight to the tummy like.

you sound like a classy guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

beertons wrote: »
    So tell me guys, are Diamonds still out there?

They nearly killed my friend a festival last year. He had have wires and **** hooked up to him. His heart went nuts, basically. And just one put me into a state of panic for nearly 2 days. Horrible! Really not worth it if you don't know what you are getting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

I took yokes once that sent the whole houseparty demented. My eyes went black, as if I had gotten a few digs, and I was tripping balls: there were white orbs floating around my friends' heads all night, I tried to put out a cat that didn't exist, I was talking to people who weren't there.

One of my mates went cracked, typing on imaginary keyboards and trying to plug the housephone into the television, he was extremely serious when he was doing this. He'd get the phone cable and scratch his head as if to say "how do I plug this into the tv?" Those were some bad yokez.

Everybody else was talking jibberish and had white mayonnaise scum all around their mouths.

I much prefer mdma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Avoid them, Hammers and Spanner, Lightning Bolts and Stars like the plague.

done a few of them hammers and spanners at sasha, had a horrible come down, could probably be put down to the fact we were doin them till 7 in the mornin though too. they were grand tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭francois

Overblood wrote: »
    I took yokes once that sent the whole houseparty demented. My eyes went black, as if I had gotten a few digs, and I was tripping balls: there were white orbs floating around my friends' heads all night, I tried to put out a cat that didn't exist, I was talking to people who weren't there.

One of my mates went cracked, typing on imaginary keyboards and trying to plug the housephone into the television, he was extremely serious when he was doing this. He'd get the phone cable and scratch his head as if to say "how do I plug this into the tv?" Those were some bad yokez.

Everybody else was talking jibberish and had white mayonnaise scum all around their mouths.

I much prefer mdma.

Yolks are supposed to be mdma, regardless if it is pill or powder of crystalline form, sounds like ketamine that you had.
    The problem with all amphetamine based drugs is that there are literally 1000's of variations of them ( see http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/pihkal/pihkal.shtml ) MDMA is relatively difficult to synthesize chemically and a lot of the stuff sold is variations of the precursors to the final compound, so it is often a lottery, though generally speaking in small doses phenethylamines in small dosages are not that toxic, if you read through the various effects in the link I gave above you can see the variation in effects.
    That being said, if anyone takes ill after taking a pill, don't wait for them to "snap out of it" safety is paramount-I have seen people collapse and it's better to safe then sorry, call an ambulance!
    Statistically you are more likely to have a bad reaction to peanuts than to E. At the height of the rave scene in the mid 90's an estimated 3 million people in the UK took pills regularly and the amount of deaths, though headline grabbing, were small
    here is a comparative study about admissions in the US from various drugs, as you can see cocaine is way more dangerous http://thedea.org/statistics.html
    Unfortunately many pills now are full of crap, so it can be a lottery.
    There is a good book by a guy called Nicholas Saunders, here's the book online, worth a read as it puts the whole thing in context historically and socially, worth a read
    http://ecstasy.org/books/e4x/index.html

As for the best ones out there, Mercs or Mitsis are always good as far as I know?
    Not necessarily. If a bomb with a certain print gains a good reputation rival pill manufacturers will start using the same emblem to increase sales. So a white Mitzi you get one week might contain 100mg of MDMA, but a seemingly identiacal pill you eat the next might be filled with DXM and MCPP.
    done a few of them hammers and spanners at sasha, had a horrible come down, could probably be put down to the fact we were doin them till 7 in the mornin though too. they were grand tbh

More power to you if you like them, but they're guaranteed piperazines. I actually quite like the effects of some pipers myself, but the comedown's just too much.

Not necessarily. If a bomb with a certain print gains a good reputation rival pill manufacturers will start using the same emblem to increase sales. So a white Mitzi you get one week might contain 100mg of MDMA, but a seemingly identiacal pill you eat the next might be filled with DXM and MCPP.

Yea that's true, but I'd generally be getting mine from the same couple of mates, and if I've had good mercs from them, I'm gonna trust that any mercs they get are gonna be good. I wouldn't be so trustworty buying from a random guy in a club though...Either way though, pills arn't like weed, that you can ask around twenty different mates and decide which is the best, first off pills arn't as common, and it's harder to tell, so my policy is that beggers can't be choosers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭InTranceWeTrust

eightyfish wrote: »
    Any recommendations for the best legals available online?

Methylone is like a half-strenght version of MDMA. Some people actually prefer mephedrone to MDMA and it seems to be very popular among some clubbers, especially in the UK, who describe it as a mix between E and coke. But people more learned than me have advised against taking it because of possible heart issues. There have also been reports of chest pains and weird sensations in the heart after taking it so I would steer clear of this one. 4-Flouroamphetamine is available from many of the same vendors but this is a Class A drug in both the UK and Ireland.
    They'd be easier to get in a head shop, the ones in town have loads, I'd say just ask the people working there what're the best. I wouldn't bother with legal ones myself though...

I wouldn't trust anything the people most of the head shops in Dublin told me. In my experience most of them haven't a clue what they're talking about.
    so my policy is that beggers can't be choosers!

Thats the wrong attitude to take mate. Pills aren't like weed. Although MDMA is relatively harmless if used sensibly many of the chemicals in pills today are very harmful to the body.

BUY A TESTING KIT!

BUY A TESTING KIT!

I second, third and fourth that.

weird sensations in the heart

Groove?

Thats the wrong attitude to take mate. Pills aren't like weed. Although MDMA is relatively harmless if used sensibly many of the chemicals in pills today are very harmful to the body.

BUY A TESTING KIT!

Well I didn't mean that literally like...I'm not gonna go round taking anything anyone offers me, but at the same time if all you can get is weak ones, even with a bitta speed in or whatever, as long as you know they're safe there's not much more you can do, you can't exactly be a connoisseur...unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭InTranceWeTrust

^ I appreciate where you're coming from and I don't mean to sound like a know-it-all but its people who knowingly consume poor quality pills that create a market for them. If nobody touched the pipz pills then manufacturers wouldn't bother pressing them.

There's a big difference between a little bit of speed in a pill alongside a decent dose of MDMA and a pill that contains mostly bzp or mcpp (with maybe a milligram of MDMA to fool the tester :mad:).

• Advertisement

Well obviously like to be able to go into a shop and pick out the kinda pill I'd like, and unless you somehow get everyone in Ireland to get a tester and only buy pure MDMA, were still gonna get a lot of sh*t. I'm lucky enough though to get a *fairly* constant supply of decent mercs, so I've nothing really to complain about ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Dont do Irish pills, they're ****.

FFS, you could take 6 or 8 of them and youd still be sane. Why bother, make it a mission to get over the a spor abroad where drugs are actually potent.

^ I appreciate where you're coming from and I don't mean to sound like a know-it-all but its people who knowingly consume poor quality pills that create a market for them. If nobody touched the pipz pills then manufacturers wouldn't bother pressing them.

There's a big difference between a little bit of speed in a pill alongside a decent dose of MDMA and a pill that contains mostly bzp or mcpp (with maybe a milligram of MDMA to fool the tester :mad:).

Would such a small amount of MDMA fool a tester kit? If that is the case then what is the point in getting one?

It takes much longer to turn blue/black if there's only a small amount of MDMA in it.

It takes much longer to turn blue/black if there's only a small amount of MDMA in it.
    Ah I see. Well in that case I think I will get one. Better be safe than sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

But what happens if you're using a kit for the first time? How long is a long time?

Dont do Irish pills, they're ****.

FFS, you could take 6 or 8 of them and youd still be sane. Why bother, make it a mission to get over the a spor abroad where drugs are actually potent.

That's hardly constructive, fair enough we don't get the best drugs in the world in Ireland, weed and everything included, but there's nothing really you can do about it...You could buy about ten times the amount of pills you need to get you up here in Ireland for the price of going abroad to get one to do the same job...

BaZmO* wrote: »
    But what happens if you're using a kit for the first time? How long is a long time?
    Check/ask here.

Literally seems like there are no MDMA pills going around in Dublin now. Looks like it'll be good old-fashioned drink for Oasis/Prodigy.

Check/ask here.

Literally seems like there are no MDMA pills going around in Dublin now. Looks like it'll be good old-fashioned drink for Oasis/Prodigy.

It's a shame really but as said before, if we stop buying the crap stuff then maybe the good stuff will come back on the market. When it comes down to it, it is us after all who determine what is going around and by continuing to buy rubbish then we will continue to be supplied with rubbish because it is seen as accepted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Madou

For legal stuff online mephedrone isn't a bad bet. Took it a few weeks back and was like taking my first pill again - absolute euphoria, fantastic spiritual buzz, etc - without the drunkeness or comedown you get with pills.

That said, it is a research chemical (RC) and experienced some worrying side-effects; for a whole week after had constant brain shivers and a constant need to catch my breath - also, weird goings on in my chest would suggest it's not exactly good medicine for the heart.

Watch out for RCs and use with care. That mephedrone stuff is an extreme vasoconstrictor, and your legs and arms can go blue if you take too much (also heard of guy in England who lost an arm after he took too much of some LSD-type RC). Otherwise, enjoy! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Scientists it appears have got it wrong, ive taken thousands of Ecstasy tablets over the years since 1990 (not thesdeays though)and im fine, it's like anything if you abuse it your gonna suffer the consequences, Ecstasy should be legalised and controlled.

http://www.mdma.net/toxicity/retract.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

jonny68 wrote: »
    Scientists it appears have got it wrong, ive taken thousands of Ecstasy tablets over the years since 1990 (not thesdeays though)and im fine,

i'm gonna stop you right there jonny. you're a walking advertisement for the dangers of drugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

jonny68 wrote: »
    Scientists it appears have got it wrong, ive taken thousands of Ecstasy tablets over the years since 1990 (not thesdeays though)and im fine, it's like anything if you abuse it your gonna suffer the consequences, Ecstasy should be legalised and controlled.

http://www.mdma.net/toxicity/retract.html
    So because "you" feel you're fine you think the scientists are wrong?

One mans's experience is not enough to make it a fact.

It's like when you see on the news every few years a guy from the ársehole of nowhere living to 110 and putting it down to the Vodka and Cigarettes that he's been tking since his teens. It makes him the exception rather than the rule.

And also, that article is a bit sensationalist. Odd considering that it's the very thing they were accusing the "scientists" as being.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Firstly, that article is 6 years old.
    Secondly, this is Ireland. It's never gonna happen.
    Thirdly, stop dragging up old threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gsparx

Madou wrote: »
    for a whole week after had constant brain shivers and a constant need to catch my breath

jaysus, what the fcuk is a brain shiver?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dubsbhoy

Crack Cocaine is now getting a set of wings and taking off the way i thought it would of years ago. I'm starting to hear some horror stories about young kids and their "habbits". This country is not prepared for a crack epidemic and it makes E's look like a rock shandy.

To top it off the government are proposing cuts in the community sector which is going to come back to bite them in the arse big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

dubsbhoy wrote: »
    Crack Cocaine is now getting a set of wings and taking off the way i thought it would of years ago. I'm starting to hear some horror stories about young kids and their "habbits". This country is not prepared for a crack epidemic and it makes E's look like a rock shandy.

It makes them look disgusting?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

No idea if it's here already, but the real scary drug these days is Meth Amphetamine. I've watched a good few documentaries about it and it really is reeking havock in the US - and moreso in the rural towns than the big cities. When i leved in Australia 4 years ago I knew some people who did it, and I have since heard that some of these people are borderline junkies now. Very sad.

It's highly addictive - can be very simply made from very easily available ingredients, mainly pseudoephedrine which is found in cold medicines. And it's cheap. If that got popular over here we'd be in serious trouble.

Above comments are right, even though pills are class A's - they don't really cause that many problems in society. yes I'm sure there are a small percentage that go overboard and fry their brain - but for the majority they are not doing serious damage. Lets not forget it used to be an actual prescription drug administered by Doctors!

Zascar wrote: »
    Lets not forget it used to be an actual prescription drug administered by Doctors!

hmmmm sort of irrelevant considering cocaine, lsd, and heroin were too. in fact would you believe, the word 'heroin' is actually a brand name. Like Anadin, or Solpadeine.

while i think it should be legalised (as all drugs should be), i think this forum as a whole has a few indications of the dangers of long term ecstasy use (and I'm not joking here).

the long term effects of use are pretty messy, as is the long term use of most drugs, but the psychological damage done makes for pretty harrowing reading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

No idea if it's here already, but the real scary drug these days is Meth Amphetamine. I've watched a good few documentaries about it and it really is reeking havock in the US - and moreso in the rural towns than the big cities. When i leved in Australia 4 years ago I knew some people who did it, and I have since heard that some of these people are borderline junkies now. Very sad.

It's highly addictive - can be very simply made from very easily available ingredients, mainly pseudoephedrine which is found in cold medicines. And it's cheap. If that got popular over here we'd be in serious trouble.

Above comments are right, even though pills are class A's - they don't really cause that many problems in society. yes I'm sure there are a small percentage that go overboard and fry their brain - but for the majority they are not doing serious damage. Lets not forget it used to be an actual prescription drug administered by Doctors!

Absolutely bang on here mate. came across casualties in Perth (Australia) a few years back and it was not a pretty sight. saw folks with their faces falling off. Apparently is was/is the drug of choice for some long distance truck drivers doing the Sydney - Perth run. Can't say I met any of these crazy bastards while driving across Australia but once I started thinking about it I tended to be even more anxious every time I saw a road train on the Nullarbor.

It would indeed be awful were it to take hold over here and even more so when folks starting making it cos as you've said, it can be done on the side of the road with basic chemistry skills.

• Advertisement

No idea if it's here already, but the real scary drug these days is Meth Amphetamine.

Meth is evil, oh a par with heroin, but there's not a lot of it in Ireland (I believe). It could always find a way to expand, as it's so easy to prepare (seen Breaking Bad anyone?)
    Above comments are right, even though pills are class A's - they don't really cause that many problems in society. yes I'm sure there are a small percentage that go overboard and fry their brain - but for the majority they are not doing serious damage.

The vast, vast, vast majority. Remember New Scientist (as previously mentioned) pointed out that MDMA is statistically less dangerous than peanuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

jtsuited wrote: »
    in fact would you believe, the word 'heroin' is actually a brand name. Like Anadin, or Solpadeine.

More trivia: Heroin and Asparin were both invented (for want of a better word) by the same guy, Felix Hoffmann. In the same week according to some sources!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felix_Hoffmann

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

eightyfish wrote: »
    The vast, vast, vast majority. Remember New Scientist (as previously mentioned) pointed out that MDMA is statistically less dangerous than peanuts.

:rolleyes: Statistically, pfft.

Statistically, heroin is safer than driving a car.

Probably

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

milltown wrote: »
    Statistically, heroin is safer than driving a car.

Pure heroin at a reasonable dose is pretty much 100% safe. It exhibits zero toxicity.

Death, when it occurs, is due to overdose and is essentially a result of a user 'relaxing' to death and stopping breathing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dubsbhoy

Sean_K wrote: »
    Pure heroin at a reasonable dose is pretty much 100% safe. It exhibits zero toxicity.

Death, when it occurs, is due to overdose and is essentially a result of a user 'relaxing' to death and stopping breathing.

"Relaxing To Death"

My missus does that every day...........lazy bitch

Sean_K wrote: »
    Well possibly but its also incredibly addictive.. I don't think pills are physically addictive, not in the same way anyway. Habitually addictive maybe, but its fairly rare I'd guess. Cocaine is widespread in this country but I've never heard of anyone with an actual problem habit - and its supposed to be very addictive also. The classification thing need to be revisited and totally changed really.

I'm kinda undecided on the legalisation thing really. I used to think it was pointless, however I've seen a few documentaries lately showing how in the US they spend $50 BILLION every Year on the 'drug war' - vast majority of that is on weed. there are over 1 MILLION young Americans in prison for marijuana possession. That's 1 Million kids who come out of jail with a drug conviction that will follow them for life making it a lot more difficult to get a job and have a normal career etc - and making it much more likely that they go the wrong road down a life of crime. Alcohol Prohibition did not work, neither does the drug one. The 'War on Drugs' is more political than anything, all start with Nixon and the whole "Reefer Madness" thing.

I don't think All drugs should be legalised but we are making a haimes of it so far, so something needs to change radically.

Cocaine is widespread in this country but I've never heard of anyone with an actual problem habit - and its supposed to be very addictive also.
    jesus i wish i could say the same. I've seen a good few people really fcuk up their lives with coke habits. Amongst certain dj's it used to be a fairly rampant problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

Cocaine is widespread in this country but I've never heard of anyone with an actual problem habit - and its supposed to be very addictive also. The classification thing need to be revisited and totally changed really.

oh dear. you've never heard of anyone ever with a problem? for someone who plays out on the scene i find that incredible.

the main problem with peoples cocaine addictions in ireland is that they dont think they are actaully addicted, particualrly the girls.

Firstly, that article is 6 years old.
    Secondly, this is Ireland. It's never gonna happen.
    Thirdly, stop dragging up old threads.

Firstly - so what if it's 6 years old,it's still relevant
    secondly - it may happen someday when this country actually gets with the times
    Thirdly-Why?The thread is still relevant

BaZmO* wrote: »
    So because "you" feel you're fine you think the scientists are wrong?

One mans's experience is not enough to make it a fact.

It's like when you see on the news every few years a guy from the ársehole of nowhere living to 110 and putting it down to the Vodka and Cigarettes that he's been tking since his teens. It makes him the exception rather than the rule.

And also, that article is a bit sensationalist. Odd considering that it's the very thing they were accusing the "scientists" as being.

I never said because i am fine the scientists are wrong, perhaps old chap you might want to actually read the link and see for yourself

• Advertisement
Advertisement