Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OC'd 4870's

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

First off I wouldn't buy anything from robbing OC.
    They're ripping people off bigtime with their prices.
    As for the card all 4870s will easily reach that..why pay more when you can just overclock it yourself with either overdrive (790mhz/1100mhz or Rivatune.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Have to agree overclockers.co.uk are far to costly to order from.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

First off I wouldn't buy anything from robbing OC.
    They're ripping people off bigtime with their prices.
    As for the card all 4870s will easily reach that..why pay more when you can just overclock it yourself with either overdrive (790mhz/1100mhz or Rivatune.

Worked out to be the cheapest for that card.... would not normally go near em,

BTW that card is factory oc'd to 800mhz, so i beleive the window would be less?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

As has been said many times on boards here:
    OCUK change the VAT rate at checkout to 21%

Keep going thru with your order and You'll see what I mean, as soon as You input an Irish address it changes.

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    As has been said many times on boards here:

Keep going thru with your order and You'll see what I mean, as soon as You input an Irish address it changes.

I saw that alright, still a little cheaper than anywhere else i could find, mind you the card is difficult enough to find,

All installed anyway, 15,000 3d marks. thats alongside a qx9650 2 gig of pc6400 and a raid 0 hdd setup. No overclocking. Actually saw 102 fps at one of the tests

• Advertisement

Managed to overclock the card to 850Mhz core and 1030Mhz memory, thats the max core frequency possible with atioverdrive, 16500 on 3d mark with the processor (qx9650) clocked to stock. I'd imagine the core will go even higher!!!!!!!

Overclock your CPU now. I can get mine running at over 4000mhz eacy. Just have it running at 3600mhz at the moment cause my motherboard which does not like my ram... long story.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Ubaroo

M5 are you using software to increase the fan speed or is yours at stock? because my 4870 was at 80 flipping degrees in cod4 with the stock setting for the fan. I dloaded riva tuner and i could get it to 50 degrees (and 33 just browsing the net etc.). But if ya do turn the fan to 100% its bloodly loud. I haven't tried to oc it yet, i'll do that in a few days and tell you what i could get.

actually, i have it at 50% now and its at 34 degrees, happy with that :)

The new ATI drivers i been using the x.10 let me change the fan speed. Have them set at 34% which i find is a nice setting.

50% sounds a bit loud :)

• Advertisement

ati released official drivers to change the fan speed? DAMN IT.

edit: and 80% is loud compared to the rest of my pc :p but I dont mind a bit of noise now and again.

Heres what I got it to so far :)

0562.jpg

U can get your driver from here, if you want more control over your Fan Speed. Worked wonders for me.
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=275814

Advertisement