Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning cold

Options
  • 27-09-2008 2:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Relatively cold....this will be the first cold spell. A brisk Northwesterly will not prevent frost in Northern and Inland parts and the East. Max daytime temps later next week 7 - 10C....night time will see temps below or at 0. So frost is likely and quite possibly icy pacthes. :)

Wednesday on btw is this forcast.

All charts available at www.wetterzentrale.de

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Yep looks interesting, sure we've had 2oC in Birr and these low temps have been recorded at other stations too in the past week. There is a thread on that somewhere. When the daytime temp struggles to reach 10oC that's when I'll start moaning, I hope your wrong, (ECM has been wrong in the past):p

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

Bear in mind that the seas around us are very warm at this time of year and that helps keep the temps up pretty well even in a cold airmass. Heres the sea temps here: http://85.214.49.20/wz/pics/brack5.gif

Even if the air above us wouldnt be out of place in January, the temps at the surface would be higher than you might expect. High dewpoints/humidites will keep night temps a little on the high side aswell unless winds fall completely calm. Ild expect low double figures by day with low to mid single figures at night at this stage.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Interesting alright, temps look like taking a tumble and will be a shock to the system with a wind chill added in also. I ran my forecast on auto mode at 1100 and it progged temps on Tuesday of only 9C max with air being advected in from Greenland from GFS.

I done a manual forecast just now interpreting data downloaded from GFS and using precip, rainfall and wind direction at (1300) using my WXSIM forecast simulator and temps at 10C max now for Tuesday for my area with rain and strong winds also. Looks like turning cool this coming week for sure.

http://www.irlweather.com/wxsimforecast.php

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

shame:( I was really enjoying the weather over the past 2 weeks. I was hoping this sort of a forecast would be held off till about mid to end October.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Good stuff, I love the autumn, fog, frosts and some snows if lucky, whats not to like about it :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
Advertisement