Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battle for Undercity #Epic Wrath quest chain spoilers#

• 27-09-2008 5:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭

Look away now if you dont want it spoiled for you, but it's truly a spectacular quest chain if you ask me, making serious use of the "phasing" technology that blizzard have introduced with the Wrath engine. This technology allows them to "phase" out a player and/or NPCs so that they seem like they are in their own pocket universe. This allows them, to create amazing quest chains in everyday WoW environments ;)

http://www.blizzplanet.com/content/911

Some videos and transcripts of the dialogue. I must admit, I'm completely blown away.

Those afraid of spoiling it, from my understanding of the requirements, it would take many, many hours at 80 just to unlock this chain so...

All I can say is, WoW :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭xeni

Sweet. And the whole 'phasing' is an awesome thing to be introduced. I really cant wait to get my hands on Wrath.... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

I agree that this is gonna be pretty amazing,

But it cant hide the fact that it's taking a lot from LotrO and also the destiny stuff from AoC.

Still, gief!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

WellyJ wrote: »
    But it cant hide the fact that it's taking a lot from LotrO and also the destiny stuff from AoC.
    Who cares! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭xeni

There is no law against stealing good ideas when it comes to games :P So gogo Blizzard :D

No there is no law against it, but when anyone else uses something from WOW they get slated for it,

Just wanted to point it out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

WellyJ wrote: »
    No there is no law against it, but when anyone else uses something from WOW they get slated for it,

Just wanted to point it out!
    thats because wow probably do it better :o

DRakE wrote: »

Touché :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

DRakE wrote: »

Go put a days playtime into WAR and see if you still think the same. :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Big Knox wrote: »
    Go put a days playtime into WAR and see if you still think the same. :pac:

have done - who are you lying to? us or yourself?

mayordenis wrote: »

lol?

We've got a fanboy people and a god damn serious one at that. You need to cancel your account and pull your head out of blizzards arse.

Anyway on a more serious note, after playing WAR you start to realise just where WoW fails. There's just no decent end game content and before anyone tries to critise me I was gladiator in season1 and close enough in season 2 in 2v2 Arena's. I've downed every boss in the game pre-sunwell before I quit. For a company who have made potentially billions from the franchise blizzard are a lazy bunch of ****ers. No live content? No world events? No form of pvp or involvement outside of battlegrounds which are laughable. It's a game for 12 year olds and people who are happy to spend 4 hours a night in the same instance doin the same **** over and over and over and over and... You get my point.

They made an amazing and seemless game world which drew millions in and when the money started rollin they just sat back and laughed. Jesus even star wars galaxies made more of an effort to have constantly updated and live end game content which involved the community. In WoW a guild is a glorified chat window.

WAR is where its at (if your big into PvP of course) and if your too much of a blizzard fanboy to even give it the time of day then I pity you. Chamone!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

troll much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

mayordenis wrote: »

Why does it have to be a lie? Because you don't like it? WAR and WoW are very similar yet very different at the same time.

WoW is an entry level MMO it appeals to pretty much anyone whether they've played an MMO before or not. Thats great, however it doesn't offer anything in the form of world PvP or a feeling of a progressing world at all. If you're not looking for these that's fine, but some people are.

WAR has proper world PvP from level 1 if you want, I'm not sure how the whole world progression business will go as I haven't experienced much of that so far but the fact that you can siege capital cities gives me a little hope.

Each game has a different appeal, I don't think anyone can argue against how good the PvE side of WoW is because it really is quality. But not everyone likes to PvE, after raiding for a couple of years would you not like something else to do? (yes there is arena but frankly it gets quite boring considering how everything is down to cookie cutter setups cause of the awful class balance)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I appreciate everyone has an opinion on the state of WoW vs. WAR but the fact is, that is not what this thread or every other thread that has sprung a similar debate, is about.

If you really must, start a Warhammer vs. WoW thread and we'll debate it till you are all blue in the face. But STOP turning every thread into such a thing, in the meantime. This is really getting way out of hand, way too quickly. Almost to the point where I am considering a zero tolerance policy on it.

Such debates that arise in normal threads tend to devolve into the same old arguments until eventually, one side or the other starts belittling the other for their enjoyment of one MMO in particular.

Ivan wrote: »
    I appreciate everyone has an opinion on the state of WoW vs. WAR but the fact is, that is not what this thread or every other thread that has sprung a similar debate, is about.

If you really must, start a Warhammer vs. WoW thread and we'll debate it till you are all blue in the face. But STOP turning every thread into such a thing, in the meantime. This is really getting way out of hand, way too quickly. Almost to the point where I am considering a zero tolerance policy on it.

Such debates that arise in normal threads tend to devolve into the same old arguments until eventually, one side or the other starts belittling the other for their enjoyment of one MMO in particular.

True enough, sorry.

/thread back on topic

It's good to see them start to implement story and lore quests that will allow casual players to get a taste of the the true WoW lore without having to do 25 man raids and such. It'll be intresting to see where this goes, can definatly see some aspects of the conan destiny quests being used which is a good thing.

Advertisement