Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW Tom Tom safety Camera POI's

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

thanks joejoe...worked a treat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Thanks joejoegetback. I uploaded it to my website in GPX format (suitable for all Garmin units) for anyone who would like to download it in that format.

Seems like a hell of a lot of points (839), so it may not be suitable for everyone, but here it is anyway:
    http://IrelandByGPS.com/treks/GardaEnforcement

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Anyone got the complete file in OV2 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

sharkman wrote: »
    Anyone got the complete file in OV2 ?
    I merged them into a single GPX file. You could always just convert this back to OV2?

*Edit*: I merged the Ov2 files (using GPSBabel) and added them to my site. You can download it from here:
    http://irelandbygps.com/treks/GardaEnforcement/
    I don't have a TomTom, so can't tell if it works ok.

Cheers , Done Link HERE for anyone who wants complete file for TomTom .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

Thanks Sharkman. one file makes it a lot easier and tidier. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

... they ARE NOT a speed cameras spots :) they are black spots thats mean spots where is lots of car accidents :)

they are now available on tomtom home, via points of interest. Refine your search to Republic of ireland from drop down box at the top and voila.

go to devices menu " warn me when near poi" and assign a sound...btw while in tom tom home you can download warning sounds...the one i have is gatsouk

i signed up to mappdate tonight and it took my software up to 8.010 and upgraded my maps to V725.1883

sent them a mail cause im still miffed that you cannot search for townlands or roads!!!! WTF even though i renamed an unnamed road tonight, i still cant search for it. if i browse the map it there, so why cany it be searchable??

or maybe im missing something obvious...anyone?

eirlink wrote: »
    they are now available on tomtom home, via points of interest. Refine your search to Republic of ireland from drop down box at the top and voila.

Did you notice who uploaded it ?

sharkman wrote: »
    Did you notice who uploaded it ?

i didnt notice actually, but perhaps it was your good self!
    and if so fair play, as well as you were kind enough to provide them to me a while back.

cheerrs

PS
    im wondering is it possible to download/ load Navteq maps onto the tomtom instead of these teleASS ones!....can the ROI _ UK maps folder be deleted and replaced with navteq, and will it work?

• Advertisement

....PS
    im wondering is it possible to download/ load Navteq maps onto the tomtom instead of these teleASS ones!....can the ROI _ UK maps folder be deleted and replaced with navteq, and will it work?

i don't think so, Navteq maps are in different format so won't work on TT

hmmm, i thought some of the tt range came with navteq maps?

hmm, i'm not sure.. will b strange if TT will offer devices preloaded with two different types of maps

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

thanks OP. :)

i will sleep on it.!

anyway i have route 66 running navteq 2008 q3 maps, TG !! dont care for teleASS right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭mossie

i signed up to mappdate tonight and it took my software up to 8.010 and upgraded my maps to V725.1883

sent them a mail cause im still miffed that you cannot search for townlands or roads!!!!

Good luck with that. I've had a long running email battle with TT about their terrible maps in rural areas. The usual response is, to paraphrase "Tough! Our maps are 99% accurate, fix it yourself with mapshare". They don't seem to understand, or want to, that there are not a few missing place names, but tens of thousands. They also tell me I am the only person with this problem, but I don't think I am. I use my satnav almost exclusivly in rural areas and it's effectively useless without townlands. There must be others who have this problem and either haven't reported it, or Tomtom just ignore it.
    hmmm, i thought some of the tt range came with navteq maps?

They did once upon a time but Tomtom now own teleatlas, and AFAIK Garmin owns Navteq, so we're stuck with Teleatlas's crap maps.

AFAIK Nokia bought navteq..so the future is bright. i can see a nokia sat nav device with integrated phone etc etc soon, regular map updates and then they will put it up TeleASSES

maybe a nokia version of garmins long awaited nuvifone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭mossie

AFAIK Nokia bought navteq..so the future is bright. i can see a nokia sat nav device with integrated phone etc etc soon, regular map updates and then they will put it up TeleASSES

maybe a nokia version of garmins long awaited nuvifone

That would be better. I love my TT Go 720 but the maps let it down. I am using old maps now just to have townlands but so many new roads are missing. Of course some are missing on the new ones too.

Advertisement