Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The most irritating things about men....

Options
  • 27-09-2008 8:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭

Why do men always....????

Last night got me thinking.

I know things we do irritate them, but things they do irritate us too.

So heres the opportunity to vent your frustration at these annoyances ladies, from the sublime to the mundane to the ridiculous..... post them here.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

I'll start the ball rolling:

As some of you may know im single at the minute, and as the worst dates thread testifies, i'm not exactly blessed with the lucky gene when it comes to men anyway!!

Anyhow; dates/meeting new men is something that I've been doing a fair bit of in the past year or so, and one thing really bugs me.

Their exes.......why do some of them talk about them when its not appropriate?? Like on the first date/encounter/whatever??? Often in a derogatory way?? Why do men even bring their ex up at all initially??? I.dont.want.to.know.

Really grinds my gears i must say....

Men, Don't do this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

All men look at women. Always have and always will. No problem with that as such but why do some men feel the need to comment on it? Every single time they see someone? Irritating when a male friend does it and unbeleivable when a boyfriend does it. Men if you pass twenty or more women in a day and you find them attractive well there's no need to tell us about it. Ya big overgrown child and total asshole:p

And I agree Manuka! Shut up about your ex, exes. We all have a past and you say you don't like baggage. So get rid of yours, we don't like it either.

And football. No need to burst everyones eardrums when a goal is scored.

V narky this morning girls:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭F.A.

Karen_* wrote: »
    And football. No need to burst everyones eardrums when a goal is scored.

Agreed!

Hate to bring up the klischees, but WHY is it so difficult to put the toilet seat down?? And don't give me that rubbish that if guys are supposed to put them down, why do women not put them up - let me give you a clue: why do you think toilet seats have been invented?? Please make sure they serve their purpose - THANK YOU!

Yeah, Karen, narky here too. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

F.A. wrote: »
    Agreed!

Hate to bring up the klischees, but WHY is it so difficult to put the toilet seat down?? And don't give me that rubbish that if guys are supposed to put them down, why do women not put them up - let me give you a clue: why do you think toilet seats have been invented?? Please make sure they serve their purpose - THANK YOU!

Urine can disinfect toilet seats...FACT :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭✭cson

Down with men! You should all become lesbians and have IVF, that'd solve the toilet seat thing for sure! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

F.A. wrote: »
    Agreed!

It;s the fact there are are two parts that gets me. There is a seat AND a lid and the lid is meant to be closed when the toilet it not being used.
    Fúck leaving the seat up, close the damn lid when you are done and before you flush.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

Why do men have to have such big shoulders and hands? Taking up so much space, and helping me when I need stuff and.... and..... and mmmmmmm
    Sorry girls, I'm not at all narky this morning! :o (And I started out so well....)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

DarkJager wrote: »
    Urine can disinfect toilet seats...FACT :D

Actualy urine can corrode pipes. A landlord in Germany sued his male tenants as they kept peeing standing up & missing, corroding pipes. Don't ask me where I get these stories from.

Also, I heard about (read: vaguely remember) a study showing that when men pee standing up, it can go as far as half a meter both sides of the toilet.

Geh-ross!!

Men, figure it out. Oh and clean the bathroom while you're at it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I swear someon needs to desgin a toilet seat that looking like a vulva and I bet they would line up a lot closer to the target area then, ok it might had the side effect of given them a hard on esp if they are drunk and have not had any in ages, which may make it more difficult for them to pee but they'd stand a lot closer.

• Advertisement

taconnol wrote: »
    Actualy urine can corrode pipes. A landlord in Germany sued his male tenants as they kept peeing standing up & missing, corroding pipes. Don't ask me where I get these stories from.

Also, I heard about (read: vaguely remember) a study showing that when men pee standing up, it can go as far as half a meter both sides of the toilet.

Geh-ross!!

Men, figure it out. Oh and clean the bathroom while you're at it!

Hmm that is indeed troubling. I hereby recommend that men no longer use the toilet to take a piss as it melts things and the wimmen don't like it. Use the sink instead ;)

Thaedydal wrote: »
    It;s the fact there are are two parts that gets me. There is a seat AND a lid and the lid is meant to be closed when the toilet it not being used.
    Fúck leaving the seat up, close the damn lid when you are done and before you flush.

Totally agree. I absolutely hate walking into the bath seeing the toilet open. And I refer back to my point about why things have been invented. Generally, they serve a purpose, so use them accordingly.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I swear someon needs to desgin a toilet seat that looking like a vulva and I bet they would line up a lot closer to the target area then, ok it might had the side effect of given them a hard on esp if they are drunk and have not had any in ages, which may make it more difficult for them to pee but they'd stand a lot closer.

AH but then we come onto the third main man problem with the bathroom - the amount of time they spend in there!

A magazine or book is tucked under the arm and said male marches off, locking the door not to exit for AT LEAST 30 minutes, ignoring all pleas for entry and any wailing about the unfortunate size of the female bladder. The grand exit is normally accompanied with a turning on of the fan, shutting of the door and adamant exclamations of "you'd better not go in there for at least 10 minutes", which you will only hear if you haven't been knocked unconscious by the toxic fumes.

If I had a vulva shaped toilet, I'd never get in there!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

It really pisses me off when they do ONE bit of housework and think their domestic gods or whatever. Well done you hoovered, would you like a gold star?
    Last week my brother tried to make to clean the kitchen because he had hoovered on Sunday....by now it was WEDNESDAY! I calmly explained all I had done since yesterday and made him clean it.

Never mind how long they spend in there once they make sure it doesn't smell afterwards! I don't enjoy feeling as if walking into a pig sty!

Oh, and I am not picky about what you use to fight the odour once it isn't MY PERFUME.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

can we change the title to "the most irritating things about some men?"

no?

*runs and hides*

I think we need a similar thread for men. Its fair game isn't it?

I think they come up quite frequently in AH..?

Not really, since this is the Ladies Lounge. Stick to After Hours.

nah cause the boards database has it's limitations :D

• Advertisement

Any why can men not just accept their faults and the need for a thread like this without having to do tit for tat! Why are they so petty!!:mad:

Lads: putting an entire toilet roll down the loo and then putting the lid down does not make the blockage go away. Or fool us into thinking someone else blocked it.

Any why can some men not just accept their faults and the need for a thread like this without having to do tit for tat! Why are they so petty!!:mad:

Lads: putting an entire toilet roll down the loo and then putting the lid down does not make the blockage go away. Or fool us into thinking someone else blocked it.

fyp :P

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

And I agree Manuka! Shut up about your ex, exes. We all have a past and you say you don't like baggage.

Ah come on! Girls are always to talk about ex's!. Ye (total generalisation, sorry) are always the ones to bring up the how many people have ye been with and how many girlfriends etc etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

I dontunderstand why girls get so pissed off witht he toilet seat thing..I mean its not that much effort to put it down yourself???

Im sure men would get pissed off with always having to put it up?

Do I not get this because I dont live with a man?? (in a boyfriends sense, my brother is temp stayin here, and I havet noticed his toilet seat habits)

Ah come on! Girls are always to talk about ex's!. Ye (total generalisation, sorry) are always the ones to bring up the how many people have ye been with and how many girlfriends etc etc..

This thread isn't about us!!! Stop arguing! Thats another thing about men............:mad::P:D

Most men Cremo! :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Oh dear god no, not one of these threads. I'll come back when the dust settles.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ladies,

One can now purchase self closing toilet seats, that close when the toilet is flushed :)

http://www.plumbingsupply.com/automatic-closing-toilet-seats.html

LadyE wrote: »
    I dontunderstand why girls get so pissed off witht he toilet seat thing..I mean its not that much effort to put it down yourself???

Im sure men would get pissed off with always having to put it up?

Do I not get this because I dont live with a man?? (in a boyfriends sense, my brother is temp stayin here, and I havet noticed his toilet seat habits)

I'm with Thaedydal on this. You need to put the toilet lid AND seat down.

Seriously: http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2004/07/01/1143577.htm?site=science/greatmomentsinscience
    "If you flush with the lid up, a polluted plume of bacteria and water vapour erupts out of the flushing toilet bowl. The polluted water particles float for a few hours around your bathroom before they all land. Some of them will land on your tooth brush.

Disgusting.

Edit: And for those with a bit more time..."Up or Down? A Male Economist’s Manifesto on the Toilet Seat Etiquette" !!

https://www.msu.edu/~choijay/etiquette.pdf

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

Women: Completely fúcking nuts.

Proof at last.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Pol Pot

OMG I was in the health shop buying my kilo of natural peanut butter and I saw manukahoney is about 45 euro a tub. MY god girl!

Pol Pot had an interesting dilemma.

He met a lady a few months back who , for reasons best known to herself likes him a lot, but prior that Pol Pot was single for 2 1/2 years. Prior to that Pol pot was married.
    During that single time, Pol Pot had the good fortune to date a reasonable amount of women.

and it went something like this......

Rule 1. Don't talk about ex.

Ok. Cue 2nd date - "YOU NEVER TOLD ME YOU WERE MARRIED....DISHONEST MAN.....BAGGAGE....WHAT WOULD MAM SAY...CATHOLIC GUILT..etc. etc....."

So Pol Pot developed Rule 2.
    Mention the marriage but don't elaborate.
    "YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT YOUR EX.........YOU'RE NOT OVER HER..."

or

Interrogation on said marriage - so long conversation on Pol Pot's ex when he tried to avoid cos he is his own man with strange and engaging thoughts and stories that he'd love to share with his date far beyond the realms of his brief but all too long marriage.

Pol Pot still loves women but you confuse him at times.
    He;d rather not talk about his ex either but sometime he is (was) made.

Advertisement