Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The most irritating things about men....

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Don't you just hate it when you have lads over to party, and they use your toilet and splash all over the place without a thought of cleaning up after themselves! Yuk! Yuk! Yuk! Needless to say, such dudes don't get invited back again to our place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Don't you just hate it when you have lads over to party, and they use your toilet and splash all over the place without a thought of cleaning up after themselves! Yuk! Yuk! Yuk! Needless to say, such dudes don't get invited back again to our place!

I grew up the only girl with four brothers. The bathroom was a terrifying place, and to enter it, it was often necessary to don a bio-hazard suit and gasmask.

Why, oh why, in a well lit room, with a largish target area, and no physical impediment, is it so hard to actually get the aim right? Why is it ok to pee on the floor or the wall or all over the back of the loo and not feel the need to clean it up?

And on another point, why is full possession of the remote control a male birthright?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

Why, oh why, in a well lit room, with a largish target area, and no physical impediment, is it so hard to actually get the aim right? Why is it ok to pee on the floor or the wall or all over the back of the loo and not feel the need to clean it up?

And on another point, why is full possession of the remote control a male birthright?

I'll field this one:

1. Because it doesn't always come out in a smooth, straight flow. Sometimes it goes wonky. Also, there are occasionally little bits that spray off the main jet which you don't even notice.

There's no excuse for not cleaning up anything you do notice, though.

2. The remote: Because girls have bad taste in... everything. Music, films, tv, food... you name it, if it's rubbish girls will try to inflict it upon you. We're just defending ourselves against Big Brother/chick flicks/Damien Rice etc

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Phlann wrote: »
    I'll field this one:

1. Because it doesn't always come out in a smooth, straight flow. Sometimes it goes wonky. Also, there are occasionally little bits that spray off the main jet which you don't even notice.

There's no excuse for not cleaning up anything you do notice, though.

2. The remote: Because girls have bad taste in... everything. Music, films, tv, food... you name it, if it's rubbish girls will try to inflict it upon you. We're just defending ourselves against Big Brother/chick flicks/Damien Rice etc

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask.

How dare you! I've never watched Big Brother :).

I just don't see how the 'splatter effect' can cause such widespread ground cover.. I think perhaps carelessness plays a greater role than you will admit.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You need to get a stick-on fly like this for your toilet.

urinal1.jpg

Studies showed that men improved their aim if there was a target to aim at, so some guy came up with the idea of providing a target. They do work. :)

It's got lots of buttons on it and is full of electronic circuitry, so obviously you women needn't worry your pretty little heads about something as complicated as that.

/runs and hides from the wrath (and electronics degree) of Thaed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Phlann wrote: »
    Um, I'm a girl and I *hate* Big Brother, chick flicks and Damien Rice...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I grew up the only girl with four brothers. The bathroom was a terrifying place, and to enter it, it was often necessary to don a bio-hazard suit and gasmask.

Cremo wrote: »

Thank you so much. Apart from making me faint laughing, it's also made everything so much clearer. If I could blow you a kiss I would :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Zaph wrote: »
    It's got lots of buttons on it and is full of electronic circuitry, so obviously you women needn't worry your pretty little heads about something as complicated as that.

/runs and hides from the wrath (and electronics degree) of Thaed

/Adds rewiring all of Zaph's remote controls to electrocute him to her project list.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

LOL! Oh your imagery is hilarious indeed!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Pol Pot wrote: »
    OMG I was in the health shop buying my kilo of natural peanut butter and I saw manukahoney is about 45 euro a tub. MY god girl!

Pol Pot had an interesting dilemma.

He met a lady a few months back who , for reasons best known to herself likes him a lot, but prior that Pol Pot was single for 2 1/2 years. Prior to that Pol pot was married.
    During that single time, Pol Pot had the good fortune to date a reasonable amount of women.

and it went something like this......

Rule 1. Don't talk about ex.

Ok. Cue 2nd date - "YOU NEVER TOLD ME YOU WERE MARRIED....DISHONEST MAN.....BAGGAGE....WHAT WOULD MAM SAY...CATHOLIC GUILT..etc. etc....."

So Pol Pot developed Rule 2.
    Mention the marriage but don't elaborate.
    "YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT YOUR EX.........YOU'RE NOT OVER HER..."

or

Interrogation on said marriage - so long conversation on Pol Pot's ex when he tried to avoid cos he is his own man with strange and engaging thoughts and stories that he'd love to share with his date far beyond the realms of his brief but all too long marriage.

Pol Pot still loves women but you confuse him at times.
    He;d rather not talk about his ex either but sometime he is (was) made.

I find you very intriguing brother number one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Pol Pot

I find you very intriguing brother number one.

a well read man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Punchesnpeaches

Whenever we're cranky over anything, it doesn't matter if we've reason to be, for example, we had a crappy day at work, men will inevitably ask if it's 'that time of the month?'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I swear someon needs to desgin a toilet seat that looking like a vulva and I bet they would line up a lot closer to the target area then, ok it might had the side effect of given them a hard on esp if they are drunk and have not had any in ages, which may make it more difficult for them to pee but they'd stand a lot closer.
    Well sorry to rain on the parade ladies but even when I'm the only male in the house, in spite of ALWAYS wiping up any splashback/spray on the seat, I still come along later to find pee drops on the seat => females also get pee on the seat, and from point blank FFS:rolleyes:.
    taconnol wrote: »
    AH but then we come onto the third main man problem with the bathroom - the amount of time they spend in there!

A magazine or book is tucked under the arm and said male marches off, locking the door not to exit for AT LEAST 30 minutes, ignoring all pleas for entry and any wailing about the unfortunate size of the female bladder.
    Can't understand this either, just seems so unhygienic to be bringing the newspaper or such into the loo and then bringing it back out.
    taconnol wrote: »
    I'm with Thaedydal on this. You need to put the toilet lid AND seat down.

Seriously: http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2004/07/01/1143577.htm?site=science/greatmomentsinscience

Disgusting.
    But unless your toilet seat and lid feature rubber seals between them and the toilet they will not prevent this cloud, only limit the height achieved, and in a small bathroom the cloud will quickly hit the walls and be partially projected upwards anyway.

Whenever we're cranky over anything, it doesn't matter if we've reason to be, for example, we had a crappy day at work, men will inevitably ask if it's 'that time of the month?'
    Only because when it suits some of you you'll use it as an excuse for otherwise inexcusible moodiness, hence leading some of us to believe that this is the reason everytime you're gearing up for this storm in a teacup mentality.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

ironmyshirt.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I find women far more irritating than men. I wish women were as chilled out and low-maintenance as men.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Not having a backbone annoys me and expecting me to mind read irritates the hell out of me, however these are traits that can be found in both sexes.

However on topic, one annoying thing i've found with an ex in the past was the call from the pub, the oh jaysus i completely forgot, no love stop shouting, i'll be home in a minute and the hang up. all without me having said a word. :D He'd come running through the door, throw himself on the couch and ask me to rub his head because the lads had been annoying him. But of course it would have been a loss of face to say i'm tired and want to go home. the big baby. :D:D

hate that nagging girlfriend BS. or i can't do it because she wouldn't be happy with me. grow a set of balls and say you just don't want to bloody do it. manipulative tosser. gah! i'm annoyed now. /tries to think peaceful thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭✭cson

I'm gonna reverse this thread for a second and get out one thing that, I won't say irritates, but certainly confuses me.

cson invites lady on date. Date goes fantabulous. Until that is, cson attempts to pay for both parties for whatever activity requires payment, be it dinner/concert/paintballing/whatever. Lady kicks up a fuss and demands it be split both ways. cson has confuzzled look on his little face, "why is she turning down free stuff?!".

Basically, you don't have to prove you're a liberal non-needy woman. I know you can pay if you had to. You don't have to, I invited you - its my shout. Take it. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

cson wrote: »
    I'm gonna reverse this thread for a second and get out one thing that, I won't say irritates, but certainly confuses me.

cson invites lady on date. Date goes fantabulous. Until that is, cson attempts to pay for both parties for whatever activity requires payment, be it dinner/concert/paintballing/whatever. Lady kicks up a fuss and demands it be split both ways. cson has confuzzled look on his little face, "why is she turning down free stuff?!".

Basically, you don't have to prove you're a liberal non-needy woman. I know you can pay if you had to. You don't have to, I invited you - its my shout. Take it. :P

If you have spare cash around, throw it my way please. I could do with a decent dinner...

I think thats really nice but I guess in my own personal experience i'd prefer to wait to know a guy a little better before having him treat me and pay for everything. I've had the unfortunate experience of a guy paying for dinner and as a result thinking that I was his "dessert" and actually being shocked that he didn't get to cop a feel of my breasticles and the rest. For me personally I prefer to keep it on an even keel for the first while anyway.

• Advertisement

If you have spare cash around, throw it my way please. I could do with a decent dinner...

Sadly the result of being so chivalrous is having to eat Tesco Value 99c Cottage Pie. With 50% meat content and 50% god-knows-what-else.
    maple wrote: »
    I think thats really nice but I guess in my own personal experience i'd prefer to wait to know a guy a little better before having him treat me and pay for everything. I've had the unfortunate experience of a guy paying for dinner and as a result thinking that I was his "dessert" and actually being shocked that he didn't get to cop a feel of my breasticles and the rest. For me personally I prefer to keep it on an even keel for the first while anyway.

I can say for myself anyway, I wouldn't be thinking that way. I prefer to let that stuff fall into place over time. Quite often it does naturally. Anyway, I'd be scared if a laydee that entertained that type of thought. I'm tight that way. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

if a toilet seat was nagging men like you ladies are in this thread,id pee in the sink..lol.....just kidding girls,30 years married and still have a bad aim,so the boss woman informs me..hehe.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

If that was me, I'd not want any expectation on the guy's part, so I'd pay my own way?
    maple wrote: »

+1

I can say for myself anyway, I wouldn't be thinking that way. I prefer to let that stuff fall into place over time. Quite often it does naturally. Anyway, I'd be scared if a laydee that entertained that type of thought. I'm tight that way. :P

Duly noted. *scribbles in notepad, cson expects at least 6 dinners before sharing the love*:D

nouggatti wrote: »
    If that was me, I'd not want any expectation on the guy's part, so I'd pay my own way?

Yeah but see thats the thing; you automatically assume "he definitely wants something if he's paying, and I don't want that sort of pressure".

But some of us don't, some of us are just trying to be nice. Like I said, if I ask you out on a date (which is usually what happens, I've only been asked out by a laydee once in my life!) then its my shout!

Don't always assume "he's only after one thing" ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Yeah but see thats the thing; you automatically assume "he definitely wants something if he's paying, and I don't want that sort of pressure".

But some of us don't, some of us are just trying to be nice. Like I said, if I ask you out on a date (which is usually what happens, I've only been asked out by a laydee once in my life!) then its my shout!

Don't always assume "he's only after one thing" ;)

I wouldn't, I'd expect good manners, such as opening doors, not farting/belching/scratching your balls, making sure I got safely into a taxi etc.

I'd think of paying my own way on the initial few dates like I would pay for my own wedding, in this day and age, imo it should be done.

nouggatti wrote: »
    I wouldn't, I'd expect good manners, such as opening doors, not farting/belching/scratching your balls, making sure I got safely into a taxi etc.

I'd think of paying my own way on the initial few dates like I would pay for my own wedding, in this day and age, imo it should be done.

lol, I can imagine how that date would go :pac:

Seems like we'll have to agree to disagree on the payment issue ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Imo fair's fair - I don't care who did the inviting, I'd feel insanely guilty letting someone pay for an entire evening (unless I could pay for coffees/drinks/whatever afterwards to get it back). If they really insisted then I could acquiesce but otherwise no

Not a matter of proving anything or thinking the guy will "expect" anything

bluewolf wrote: »
    Imo fair's fair - I don't care who did the inviting, I'd feel insanely guilty letting someone pay for an entire evening (unless I could pay for coffees/drinks/whatever afterwards to get it back). If they really insisted then I could acquiesce but otherwise no

Not a matter of proving anything or thinking the guy will "expect" anything

You've put what I meant to say far better :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

farohar wrote: »
    Well sorry to rain on the parade ladies but even when I'm the only male in the house, in spite of ALWAYS wiping up any splashback/spray on the seat, I still come along later to find pee drops on the seat => females also get pee on the seat, and from point blank FFS:rolleyes:.

I've found that too. I can't see how they can complain about aim.

And I rarely come accross a toilet seat with the lid down as well as the seat. I find the complaint about having the lid up good enough but if that's not done then I don't think women are any more entitled to have the seat down than men are to have it up.

Advertisement