Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The most irritating things about men....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

I didn't realise that men poo standing up :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

i hate that they don't tell you things or even talk about things. my fella keeps everything to himself. when we were first going out his mates told me he was like this but i thought he wouldn't be around me but he is. it really annoys me at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

I hate splashback from guys peeing.

My dad makes an attempt at cleaning up but my brother just whizzes all over the toilet bowl, floor, toilet seat and walks off without flushing.

In my sisters house I always put the toilet seat down when finished, at home where it's 3 males to 1 female I leave it up.

*Shrug*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Maybe your brother is trying to save water?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Meh, no so much irritating things about men, but just people in general:
    Not saying what they mean, not doing what they say they will, not being honest.
    Day to day wise with the men in my life, the annoying things are moot compared to the amazing things, actually I can't think of any specific annoying things, I'm so sad...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

GinnyJo wrote: »
    Meh, no so much irritating things about men, but just people in general:
    Not saying what they mean, not doing what they say they will, not being honest.
    Day to day wise with the men in my life, the annoying things are moot compared to the amazing things, actually I can't think of any specific annoying things, I'm so sad...:D

You're not trying hard enough dammit! Go away and have a good think about it and then come back and have a proper rant about us. You're being far too reasonable for this thread. :D

mollybird wrote: »
    i hate that they don't tell you things or even talk about things. my fella keeps everything to himself. when we were first going out his mates told me he was like this but i thought he wouldn't be around me but he is. it really annoys me at times.

I hate this about women. Sorry if it's slightly off topic but why must we tell you absolutely everything about us straight away?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

when we were first going out his mates told me he was like this but i thought he wouldn't be around me but he is. it really annoys me at times.

Ah, the infamous female belief that they can change a man....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭F.A.

Not straight away, but communication isn't supposed to be guess work either! My brother is one of these reaaaallyyyy silent types. When he was three and my mother picked him up from the creche one day and asked what he had done that day, she was informed that he couldn't remember since it was so long ago. And back to silence it was... At THREE! And he hasn't improved! Sorry lads, but that would drive any woman bananas!*

*except maybe for little sisters who have accepted their fate of having to serve as a translator from Brotherish to Worldish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Thaedydal wrote: »
    It;s the fact there are are two parts that gets me. There is a seat AND a lid and the lid is meant to be closed when the toilet it not being used.
    Fúck leaving the seat up, close the damn lid when you are done and before you flush.
    What's your opinion on urinals?

I'm not really paranoid enough about germs and whatnot to close the toilet seat while flushing, I see its purpose being to reduce the smell after one has a particularly nasty number 2.

Actually, come to think of it, it's probably urinals that subconsciously promote this attitude in males.

Profound.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Zaph wrote: »
    You're not trying hard enough dammit! Go away and have a good think about it and then come back and have a proper rant about us. You're being far too reasonable for this thread. :D
    I know I know, sorry the sun must have really gotten to me...:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ah jeez, I'd an ex (bloke) who was obsessed.

Everything from constant comment on my appearance, requests to wear makeup if I appeared not to have any on, to (and this was by far the worst), asking how my day had been, and (we worked in the same field once) giving an analysis of how I had dealt with things (as he perceived it) and what I could have done better.

Even worse, he'd a good memory, so something mentioned in passing up to three months prior would be dragged up at the relevant time.

At the time I had a stressfulish job, and this drove me mental, I'd be coming home to chill out, and would face the "interrogation" when/if I talked to him on those days.

I can relate to silent blokes lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

When they go on and on about ex girlfriends :mad: And there's always one in particular. I...DON'T....WANT....TO....KNOW!!!!!!!!:mad:

(My one and only raw nerve with the boyfriend officially hit :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Phlann wrote: »
    Women: Completely fúcking nuts.

Proof at last.

Like we needed any.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

F.A. wrote: »
    Agreed!

Hate to bring up the klischees, but WHY is it so difficult to put the toilet seat down?? And don't give me that rubbish that if guys are supposed to put them down, why do women not put them up - let me give you a clue: why do you think toilet seats have been invented?? Please make sure they serve their purpose - THANK YOU!

Yeah, Karen, narky here too. :D

Toilet seats were invented so you don't sit down on the same seat you piss on standing up - so its irrelevant whether the guy puts it down after using it, or if the girl puts it down before using it. Don't get the big deal about this bit at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Ah come on! Girls are always to talk about ex's!. Ye (total generalisation, sorry) are always the ones to bring up the how many people have ye been with and how many girlfriends etc etc..

True. Nearly every girl I've been with always brings up: "So how women have you slept with." They bring it up at the weirdest times.:rolleyes:

Whether they are worried you are a player or making sure your experienced enough I'm not quite sure. There is no right answer so I quickly dodge the question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭F.A.

Toilet seats were invented so you don't sit down on the same seat you piss on standing up - so its irrelevant whether the guy puts it down after using it, or if the girl puts it down before using it. Don't get the big deal about this bit at all.

Of course you don't. That's the problem!

Though I should specify that I included the lid in my request. I'm not a native speaker, so apologies for not being totally clear.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

True. Nearly every girl I've been with always brings up: "So how women have you slept with." They bring it up at the weirdest times.:rolleyes:

Whether they are worried you are a player or making sure your experienced enough I'm not quite sure. There is no right answer so I quickly dodge the question.

I always say "None, you're my first" and refuse to elaborate.

Drives them up the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I read the first page and skipped to the last.

Both topics of complaint were about toilet seats.

What a fooking sterotype.

Personally, I find the most irritating things about men is when we're on the lash and their bird rings them to come home. Probably to put the toilet seat up.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Petrolium Hat

SetantaL wrote: »
    I read the first page and skipped to the last.

Both topics of complaint were about toilet seats.

What a fooking sterotype.

Personally, I find the most irritating things about men is when we're on the lash and their bird rings them to come home. Probably to put the toilet seat up.

Legend!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

The fact that they think they're better drivers than women.. I'm driving 4 years now and my bf still thinks he has to allert me to an upcoming red light :( oh yeah, and he snores :mad: drives me mad..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭carlybabe1

They breathe......Oh and they can make noises....its akin to talking only none of it makes sense......cant think of anythin else just now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

xzanti wrote: »
    The fact that they think they're better drivers than women.. I'm driving 4 years now and my bf still thinks he has to allert me to an upcoming red light :( oh yeah, and he snores :mad: drives me mad..

yeah i hear you, my bf does that too because i cant see myself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I can't think of anything more irritating now than the aforementioned passenger seat driving with as much instructions as if I was a blind person. I mean, I pull into a garage and I get told which pump to park at :rolleyes: Grr!

But if I'd had an argument recently with my OH it would cause many more irritations to come bubbling to the surface of my memory!

By the way, the toilet-seat thing never bothers me in the slightest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Not understanding the toilet seat thing...peeing and not cleaning up is just frikin gross tho.

I just hate how men can switch off after arguements and sleep like the dead while Im up driving myself demented.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Puddleduck wrote: »
    I just hate how men can switch off after arguements and sleep like the dead while Im up driving myself demented.
    Because we're trying to move on from it and if the argument has been done to death and resolved, then why keep going on about it? OK if it's not resolved then fine, but even then taking a breather is hardly likely to dent your side of the argument.

I also hate back seat drivers of any gender. men and women can be guilty of it, but I have to say men are worse. My attitude is, if the steering wheel is infront of me then I decide. If it's in front of someone else it's not my business, unless they're actively trying to kill me. Again the actively trying to kill me is usually more a man thing.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

one things that annoys me about guys in general is the macho bullsh!t that goes on, it is only amplified when there is an attractive lady in the vicinity.

I would give out about women but it'd be off topic :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Will wrote: »
    I would give out about women but it'd be off topic :)

careful_now.jpg

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Hmm, after reading this thread I feel quite lucky. My OH nearly always puts the toilet seat down (and if he doesn't I just close it myself), he doesn't pee everywhere and he likes the kitchen to be really clean! I think he's a keeper!

What does annoy me (and I know I'm not the only woman who finds this annoying about her fella) is his complete inability to remember things. By this, I don't mean remember to collect things or do something (although he does do this and then blames me because "I should have reminded him"), it's his complete inability to remember that we or someone else have already discussed something. The conversation goes like this:

Him: "so should we go and see that play next Friday"
    Me: We already discussed this
    Him: did we?
    Me: Yes, you asked me the very same question, then I said we can't go because we're going to that party and then you said that you didn't want to go to the party and that we'd make an excuse and go to the play - we also said we'd go to x restaurant for dinner. We had a 10 minute conversation about it.
    Him: did we? I do't remember that at all

It's the same with his friends. We were at friends house for drinks and him and his mate were having a conversation about something. Both me and his friends gf pointed out that they'd had the exact same conversation and said the exact same thing last week. Neither of them could remember. We figured they just had the same conversations whenever they met and never run out of things to say to each other because they can't remember they've already talked about it!

It does work in my advantage sometimes because I can tell him that he agreed to something an he trusts me ad presumes that he just doesn't remember!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Puddleduck wrote: »

I know, its brilliant isn't it ? :D

:pac:

Advertisement