Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 E65 firmware upgrade

• 27-09-2008 8:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

Nokia's site tells me there's a V3 firmware and my phone is running V1. It's obviously running a firmware version hacked to bits by 3. If I download the upgrade utility, it tells me that there is no later version. Should I believe it or should I take it to a Nokia centre and they may have access to a later version of 3's firmware? Or should I go to an independent to blow away 3's firmware and get the latest one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What's the phone doing wrong that is needs to be updated? Mine seems to be running well besides a signal problem....I've never updated the firmware, like you the Nokia software tells me i'm up to date...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

There is a known problem with the SIM Access Profile where they haven't implemented backwards compatibility correctly or some such. Bottom line, unlike every other flipping phone on the planet, my car kit can't access the phonebook on the phone. I don't know if it's been fixed in the newer firmware, but it's worth a shot.

Advertisement