Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mens Skin Care

• 27-09-2008 10:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

You use anything like this? Moisturiser, cleanser, exfoliator?
    If so which brands do you find good?

I use a Nivea cleanser at night. Not religiously now but farly regularly.
    Also use a Nivea moisturiser sometimes. Only started using it when I was away working in warmer climates and my skin used to dry up a lot. Still use it occasionally.
    I also use a Nivea exfoliator thingy, say before I am going on a night out. Definitely makes me look a lot fresher looking. Every little bit helps!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Neutrogena Facial scrub and Neutrogena Cleanser.

Not that it does any good. A slight sweat and my forehead breaks out in spots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

I should probably invest in some kind of organic moisturiser...some of these things are so full of chemicals that they do more to irritate the skin than moisturise it.

As an example I've just switched from using a Johnson's baby shampoo, because I have a sensitive scalp, to an organic shampoo. Now I don't get an itchy scalp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I've always been lucky with skin quality i guess. One thing that gets me is dryness on my hands, it can get bad enough for the skin to crack and bleed which is a pain in the ass.

As such it's than manliest of hand creams.

Even bad ass fisher men use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I use the Neutrogena facial scrub as well. If I don't I come out in spots after a week or so of not using it. As for moisturizer, I only have to open the tube and my face erupts in whiteheads, so generally I try and avoid it! I should add that I'm coming up to my 52nd birthday, so it's not a youthful hormones kind of thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Nision

I sometimes use silcocks base before i go to bed, After a day youll notice the difference

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭DefenseSoapEire

omega 3 tablets and plenty of water are excellent for keeping your skin healthy

I used to use some sort of nivea facial scrub but since I started taking the omega3 tablets i haven't needed to.

Tea Tree Oil or most Tea Tree soaps will clear up any skin problems you might have, however if you have sensitive skin on your face you probably would still need to apply a moisturiser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭bennyblanco

Tea tree oil is great for any spots.
    Lots of water too.I use aloe vera gel and this stuff http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/frameset/detail/808734_Dead_Sea_Spa_Magik_Rich_Moisturiser__75ml.html
    tis good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Only use a moisturiser (nivea for men one) occasionally, as I am on prescription steroids for years, and I get fierce dry skin from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I don't think men are cut out for anything that requires frequent attention - I know I'm not anyway!

I got Dermalogica facial scrub and Dermalogica moisturiser of some sort. Went into a beauticians when my girlfriend was buying stuff and she started suggesting these things along with the beautician so I thought I'll give it a go.

I must say the scrub thing was great when I used it. Made you feel very clean and that. But I don't have particularly bad skin so just got back into the habit of not using it.
    Same goes for the moisturiser, but it's very handy if I ever end up with lots of dry skin on my face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I exfoliate once or twice a week. None of that moisturiser lark for me though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I exfoliate once or twice a week. None of that moisturiser lark for me though!

What exactly is exfoliating? Just scrubbing skin off like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Yep that's it really. Just use one of them loofah yokes.

Advertisement