Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good gyms in Wexford

Options
  • 27-09-2008 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭

Hey, looking for a decent sized (ie. not the leisure centre of a tiny hotel) gym somewhere in Wexford county, anywhere from Gorey to Wexford town.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kermit682

there is a good one in kiltealy which has recently be refurbished. gym only, not a hotel, no pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Be more specific about size? In the fitness forum on the gym reviews sticky i posted a brief overview of two gyms in wexford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭peanut66

The gym at the Ferrycarrig Hotel is Wexford is very good. Pool/sauna as well as all the most up to date equipment. When you join you get 10% off all food in the hotel and 10% off all the products and treatments in their beauty spa

• Registered Users Posts: 17 bonjovi

Hi

There is a good gym in Courtown with a weights area, pool and fitness classes

http://www.gymlockr.ie/gyms/Wexford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

peanut66 wrote: »
    The gym at the Ferrycarrig Hotel is Wexford is very good. Pool/sauna as well as all the most up to date equipment. When you join you get 10% off all food in the hotel and 10% off all the products and treatments in their beauty spa

Any idea of what prices are in Ferrycarrig for membership? I searched on their website but couldn't find any prices.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Any idea of what prices are in Ferrycarrig for membership? I searched on their website but couldn't find any prices.
    Just give them a quick ring, they'll tell you straight away. Very friendly there, I was a member there and they were cheaper than whitford and i think they are the best two gyms in wexford town. Also i think they are the cheapest apart from the quality hotel but their gym didnt seem so great

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

In Wexford youve got Whites, Maldron, Whitford, Ferrycarrig and Talbot.

I did a test session in most of them and Ferrycarrig won by a mile, the staff and facilities were the best by far, but was too expensive as I only really wanted the pool and they dont do pool only. ( They are worth it I would think, though) E650 approx iirc.

Ask for a test session in them, its standard practice to allow you a tryout.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

As far as I remember, if you're into weightlifting, don't use ferrycarraig. It has a paltry weights section but very good pool/cardio facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Advertisement