Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premiership shenanigans thread 27/28 Sept

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Could Arsenal actually loose this?

could do.
    Arsenal are 7-2 to win now on PP, might be with a small punt

<edit> 4-1 now, put a small bet on the double with ManCity tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Im loving the promoted sides this season

Don't bend over for 90+ minutes like derby did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Could Arsenal actually loose this?

No chance They've still plenty of time to win it, never mind just not lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Unearthly wrote: »
    Im loving the promoted sides this season

Don't bend over for 90+ minutes like derby did
    If the result stays the same Hull will be 6th in the league only 1 point behind Arsenal in 4th.

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Heh, Arsenal playing 4 upfront now basically. Love it.

They need to start taking more edge of the box shots - there's just no room in that box.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

go on hull!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

For the two minutes before the equaliser arsenal looked half asleep. FFS, not top of the league no more :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:eek:

Thank Gawk I went with +2.5 goals rather than an Arsenal win.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

****sake Vela!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

When chances like that don't go in you do wonder....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

hull still getting a head first to everything in the box

<edit> typically just as i say it gallas crashes a header against the bar...

I just spoted the fact West Ham are 5th, same as Arsenal as things stand.

Hull beat Arsenal the last time these two met in the league.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

FT 2-1 :) GWAN HULL FFS!!!

Fair play to them

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

From BBC
    That is an absolutely sensational result. All the congratulations in the world should go to Hull, for a truly monumental performance. They move up to sixth, they have as many points as Derby got all of last season and they might just have produced a terminal blow to Arsenal's Premier League title hopes.

Jesus christ, it's 6 cames in and they are two points off the top. I'm not an Arsenal fan, but a "terminal blow"? FFS, shame on people who analyze the table or individual results like that. The table ALWAYS lies until the last day when the 38th matches have been played.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

Well Arsenal cost me €200 on my accum, about 15 points in my fantasy football, but I can't help but feel delighted for Hull City. It serves Arsenal right for overplaying.

In front of goal in six-yard box is not the place to be looking for a killer pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

oh **** :eek::(:mad:

They shoulda played their U20 team ;)

spockety wrote: »
    From BBC

Jesus christ, it's 6 cames in and they are two points off the top. I'm not an Arsenal fan, but a "terminal blow"? FFS, shame on people who analyze the table or individual results like that. The table ALWAYS lies until the last day when the 38th matches have been played.

Well Liverpools draw with Stoke was met with plenty of posts here from established posters along the lines of "thats why Liverpool wont win the league"

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

SofaK wrote: »
    They shoulda played their U20 team ;)
    No wink smiley required to be honest. The likes of Djourou, Bendtner and Vela have been waaaay sharper than their first team counter-parts this season.

Hull 08/09 are Wigan 2005/06, Wigan amased 75% of thier points tally that season in the first 4 months, I'll guess Hull will be similair.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Hull actually scored all three goals! Well done Hull!!

Oh how I chuckled. :)

No wink smiley required to be honest. The likes of Djourou, Bendtner and Vela have been waaaay sharper than their first team counter-parts this season.
    Certainly I reckon Bendtner should have started ahead of RvP, as he seems in red-hot scoring form from Wed. But maybe Wenger thinks him and Adebayor are too similar.

SofaK wrote: »
    Certainly I reckon Bendtner should have started ahead of RvP, as he seems in red-hot scoring form from Wed. But maybe Wenger thinks him and Adebayor are too similar.

I would prefer to see Vela on instead of Bentdnar.

If anything Bendtner is more similar to van Persie than Adebayor. That said he's got more brains for the game than the pair of them combined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

will keane or berbatov ever score?

some people are awful tools...the way you were talking you'd think McShane kicked it in from 30 yards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Congrats to Paul McShane for getting off the mark this season. Two OG's last season and I'm confident he can beat that tally in 2008-09!

Pigman II wrote: »
    Congrats to Paul McShane for getting off the mark this season. Two OG's last season and I'm confident he can beat that tally in 2008-09!

He's certainly no lee dixon

EDIT Score! cheers playa.

How do I do this embedding video lark all you kids are talking about?

Stekelly wrote: »
    lol :D

Thanks, needing cheering up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

How do I do this embedding video lark all you kids are talking about?

lol :D

Thanks, needing cheering up!

17 years on it still shows no sign of getting old.:)

• Advertisement

Dixon's reaction is just priceless :)

Well Liverpools draw with Stoke was met with plenty of posts here from established posters along the lines of "thats why Liverpool wont win the league"

I know, i am a liverpool fan, and i think the analysis of the stoke result is just as ridiculous. Anyone who think this result has had any definitive effect on arsenal's title hopes at this stage in the season are morons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,842 ✭✭✭✭kippy

spockety wrote: »
    I know, i am a liverpool fan, and i think the analysis of the stoke result is just as ridiculous. Anyone who think this result has had any definitive effect on arsenal's title hopes at this stage in the season are morons.

Sorry,
    I dont really follow any PL team but I have to say, any points dropped at ANY stage of the season are going to have a definitive impact on a teams title hopes. Tis easy saying the opposite but come next May, if Liverpool were too lose the league by a solitary point, the result against Stoke would have a massive impact on their season, the same can be said of the Hull/Arsenal result.
    The thing that angers me is that so much hype is placed on the so called "six pointers" between the perceived "big four"-these matches would have less importance if matches such as these were won by the big four.
    Last year for example( and I have heard this from many of my liverpool fan mates) had liverpool managed to win three quarters of their drawn results they would have won the league..................
    All that said more power to the promoted teams, would love to see them seriously mess up the plans of the elite.
    Kippy

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Only had a look at the table now as I am a championship man but Hull are 6th place. Only 29 points left till they reach the magic 40.

kippy wrote: »
    Sorry,
    I dont really follow any PL team but I have to say, any points dropped at ANY stage of the season are going to have a definitive impact on a teams title hopes. Tis easy saying the opposite but come next May, if Liverpool were too lose the league by a solitary point, the result against Stoke would have a massive impact on their season, the same can be said of the Hull/Arsenal result.
    The thing that angers me is that so much hype is placed on the so called "six pointers" between the perceived "big four"-these matches would have less importance if matches such as these were won by the big four.
    Last year for example( and I have heard this from many of my liverpool fan mates) had liverpool managed to win three quarters of their drawn results they would have won the league..................
    All that said more power to the promoted teams, would love to see them seriously mess up the plans of the elite.
    Kippy

Perhaps i should re phrase. Anyone who makes a judgement call today that arsenal have chucked away the league by losing to hull, or that liverpool have chucked away the league by drawing with stoke, are morons. People are doing this! It's hysterical, in the hysteria sense, not the very funny sense. The table will lie right up until everyone has played everyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Well done to Hull City.
    eh, I'd say you could:
    Scene: Old Trafford (Saturday afternoon)
    Atmosphere: Fanatical

Plot:
    Utd vs Random team
    Bogey referee.
    Ronaldo dives/falls/fumbles/cries/etc (admires his greasy reflection on big screen)
    Penalty! (undeserved)
    Scores
    Utd get a 2nd against a demoralised opposition so the penalty really didnt matter
    Poor performance all round.
    Fergie chews gum and boasts about how great he his team is

eh, I'd say you could say:

alot of effort went into that post
    bitter?
    jealous?
    angry?
    ABU?

Pompey win by 2 (Crouch and Defoe), Spurs abject.

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,913 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

City unchanged from last weekend -

1. Joe Hart
    5. Pablo Zabaleta
    2. Micah Richards
    22. Richard Dunne
    15. Javier Garrido
    33. Vincent Kompany
    11. Blumer Elano
    8. Shaun Wright-Phillips
    7. Stephen Ireland
    10. De Souza Robinho
    14. Joao Alves Jo

16. Kasper Schmeichel (GK)
    3. Michael Ball
    26. Tal Ben-Haim
    24. Ched Evans
    28. Daniel Sturridge
    19. Gelson Fernandes
    21. Dietmar Hamann

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I really want to watch cITEH, any working streams?

• Advertisement

Quality stream, cheers Xavi.

Will it stay like that for the whole game?

Apparently so. Used the same link for the Pompey game last week and it's perfect. Best I've ever seen.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Apparently so. Used the same link for the Pompey game last week and it's perfect. Best I've ever seen.

And, it's Sky.

Win, win tbh.

Indeed. No crazy Asian commentary! :pac:

Robihno vs Titus Bramble.

Should be an entertaining afternoon :D

• Advertisement

Lovin the little Robinho warm up montage! :D

I like the crazy Arabic feeds, it sounds like they declaring war in the infidel with all that screaming :p (good feed indeed btw)

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Ustream>>>>>>>>>>>>>Watching it in Justin's gaf.

rofl

Class goal by......WIGAN!!!!

Screamer.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement