Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kevin davies - thug with a sweet face

• 27-09-2008 11:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭

I see alex ferguson and Arsene Wegner have both being having a pop at Kevin Davies , proper order too. The guy looks like butter wouldn't melt in his mouth, yet behaves like a thuggish bully on the field . I think refs go easy on him due to his boyish face .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I think he's good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

A superb player despite limited ability. Plays the game tough and is the kind of player fans love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

A modern Mark Hughes, only taller and not as good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Filthy tackle on Clichy last weekend.

The best compliment I can pay him is; he's good at what it is he does.

I think thats unfair to him really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Quite talented player who doesn't get the credit that he deserves. Would add something extra to someone like Spurs or Newcy..

He's a bit like Doyle in my opinion, although Doyle is more clinical and more mobile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Great player in my book. Shows that an effective striker doesn't have to be a goal merchant, something England are only really acknowledging now with Heskey.

I never see Davies do anything particulalry nasty, just gets in peoples faces and gives them a physical game. Nothing wrong with that. Fergie and wenger should stfu, and stop worrying about their soft lads engaging in what is, a physical game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,446 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Great player in my book. Shows that an effective striker doesn't have to be a goal merchant, something England are only really acknowledging now with Heskey.

I never see Davies do anything particulalry nasty, just gets in peoples faces and gives them a physical game. Nothing wrong with that. Fergie and wenger should stfu, and stop worrying about their soft lads engaging in what is, a physical game.

what? That tackle on Clichy last week was a disgrace, and he does tackles like that consistently throughout a season to 'make his presence felt'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Trilla wrote: »
    A modern Mark Hughes, only taller and not as good

Haha...best statement ever! Will we start the "Davies to Barcelona" rumor?:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Actually i'm just after remembering another thing a few seasons ago where he bundled Clichy right into the advertising hoarding before legging it away. Clichy just got right up and ran straight back to position without passing any heed of him. So its not usual that Clichy would get pissed off for no good reason as he has been by that tackle last week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Xavi6 wrote: »
    A superb player despite limited ability. Plays the game tough and is the kind of player fans love.
    this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Good player imo.
    Not gonna get you 20 goals a season but will provide them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Tauren wrote: »
    what? That tackle on Clichy last week was a disgrace, and he does tackles like that consistently throughout a season to 'make his presence felt'

Sounds like a certain Pat Viera.

Advertisement