Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mercedes experts please...

Options
  • 27-09-2008 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

A friend of mine has a merc slk 200 '06 and he wants to retrieve trip information from the cars computer, he brought it to a merc dealership Waterford, they said you can take the trip information off the cars computer although they were not able to do it.

Any ideas how to do this or where this could be done?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

tw0nk wrote: »
    Hi All,

A friend of mine has a merc slk 200 '06 and he wants to retrieve trip information from the cars computer, he brought it to a merc dealership Waterford, they said you can take the trip information off the cars computer although they were not able to do it.

Any ideas how to do this or where this could be done?

Thanks in advance.

Did he check the handbook??? It's amazing that they couldn't show you that in a Mercedes dealership of all places!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

tw0nk wrote: »
    he wants to retrieve trip information from the cars computer,

What exactly is he trying to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

What he exactly wants is to get the distances for last couple of journeys he has done, ie not just the trip distance on the display in the merc. Is there any way to do this? any hidden menu in merc or way to download the info using pc?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

That info is not available to download via nt dealer or aftermarket software that I know of. I would go a little further and say I am about 97% sure he will not find a source of that info.

Advertisement