Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf GT - Glanza for rich kids?

Options
124»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

FX Meister wrote: »
    Good post. That's neither a GT or less than 20k. FAIL

it is a gt. Can you not see the pics or read the description?

I said 'around 20k or less', not less than 20k. Walk in and offer 20k for that and the deal will be done in minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

people are buying into a dream E92 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

As the Golf VI will have a GTD with ~200 bhp I suppose I'll have to accept that a GT Sport with a paraffin stove isn't that ironic, though the reasons I don't consider diesel to be worthy of anything sporty (and hence why I said ironic) is not the power and 0-60 but rather the lack of enthusiasm for being revved, an inability to go beyond 5,000 rpm, a narrow power band(relative to petrols) and most of all, the sound which just sucks does not sound sporty or anything even remotely close to sporty.

Fortunately there will be a 270 bhp 4 pot replacing the R32 theoretically, however there will be a 5 pot 2.5 with over 300 bhp and that to me will be the real replacement for the R32.

I'm so relieved that VW will offer a Golf with more than 4 cylinders(especially given VAG's history in 5 cylinder engines and the WRC etc), I think it is such a pity that car markers are cutting down on the cylinder count as a result of the numbskulls at the EU.

Ive said it before and ill say it again i think the demise of the NA 6 pot engine in the golf is a shame,they could have at least supercharged one to replace the current R.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

tossy wrote: »
    Ive said it before and ill say it again i think the demise of the NA 6 pot engine in the golf is a shame,they could have at least supercharged one to replace the current R.

5 pot engines sound great too.

A very different sound but nevertheless a great one. I'd probably go for a 6 pot over a 5 pot though, but either engine is vastly superior to dreary old 4 cylinders, but having said that 4 cylinder engines are superior to drive compared to 3 cylinder engines.

Neither rates beside a crossplane V8, I don't really like the sound of flatplane V8s though.

Unfortunately V8s are losing popularity even in the States, they're really starting to look like a dinosaur from the past at this stage I'm afraid, and that is most regrettable.

The only thing that will save V8s are the hybrid drivetrains, however I fear that that is only putting off the inevitable demise of the V8 in road cars in Europe at least.

• Advertisement

Vw/audi have a nice history with 5 pot engines,but their last 5 pot in a golf was a damp squib!

I like my pots in even numbers me :D although 2 turbos would help me get over the odd number!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

copacetic wrote: »
    it is a gt. Can you not see the pics or read the description?

The pics and description both say GT sport, not GT. FACT.

The pics and description both say GT sport, not GT. FACT.

:rolleyes:

exactly yo, exactly. Check your facts next time. It's like saying a gti is the same as a high line. FACT.

exactly yo, exactly. Check your facts next time. It's like saying a gti is the same as a high line. FACT.

;) yeah it is, maybe you should have a quick check of your 'facts' you are making a fool of yourself.

• Advertisement

Hey, you're the lifehacking mod yo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

tossy wrote: »
    I think i would prefer the new mondeo over the new passat myself,although this new opel insignia is the one to beat for them all.

I will qualify that by saying i have never liked passats(at least not the last two incarnations) apart from maybe the W8,allthough the new R36 passat wagon is a different kettle of fish.

Yeah , the insignia looks good. I know its not your favorite mag , but autocar gave it a provisional thumbs up this week.

Advertisement