Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking for a garage that fixes automatics

Options
  • 27-09-2008 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I drive a 2000 celica automatic (jap import). The 'check engine' light has started coming on so I brought it to my local toyota dealership. They ran a diagnostic and the error code P0768 - 'Shift Solenoid 'D' No. 11 Circuit' came up. I've looked up this code all over the net for this code and it seems that it could be caused by dirt on the solenoid, which would imply a 'quick fix'. The error doesn't seem to affect the overall running of the car but at the same time I'd like it fixed soon as.

The only problem is that the local dealership doesn't know how to fix it. They said it could be something that could be fixed within an hour or it could require 5 - 6 hours investigation, which also may depend on whether they have the repair manual for it (which I've downloaded myself since) :(

Unfortunately I cant afford to have 5-6 hours investigation done on it + cost of parts :(

Does anyone know of any garage in the dublin area with experience in servicing and fixing automatics? The car means the world to me but I have to try and have this problem fixed as economically as possible :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Can you locate where this solenoid is?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

There are a number of solenoids in the valve chest which is within the transmission. It is likely that it is one of those. if you have the workshop manual that should show you where it is. I suppose it could be the shift solenoid on the gear lever too.
    The code you mention would suggest an electrical problem. That would need to be checked. First id which part it is then check its circuit.
    I cant see you managing that without spending a few euros.

Advertisement