Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debranding O2 E51 with NSS - need product code

• 27-09-2008 1:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

Hey, I've an O2 E51 with a product code of 0561225 and 100.x.x firmware.

Because the product code is O2 specific the Nokia NSU isn't finding the latest update (200.x.x). I have Nemesis Service Suite installed and am wondering does anyone know the best product code to write to the phone with NSS to allow NSU to find the latest update. Thanks.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭wba88

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

thanks for the reply, i had found that list but wasn't sure which one!... so you're saying it doesn't really matter which euro one i pick, eg PC: 0546184: RM-244 CTR EURO1 BLACK will allow me to update via NSU without O2 blocking me ;]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Choose sensibly since you can't put a different language pack from the same version level. You have wait til there's a new firmware out then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭apollodjs

use 0557993 its the Uk nokia generic one I used it yesterday and it worked fine only problem was when I restored a backup from the old firmware my wifi wouldn't work so you'll prob have to set everything up from scratch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

thanks for the replies. i decided to use apollodjs's advice and used 0557993 in NSS, NSU then recognised the update availibility, upgraded to 200.34.36 and restored all settings and contents, so happy daze! Thanks lads! (mind you not seeing any noticable performance improvement....yet!) ;]

• Advertisement
Advertisement