Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opinions on these two cars please...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'd have the Mercedes - it's a pre-facelift too, which is good. No a/c on either car, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I'd have the Audi TBH. Depends on the condition though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭victor1

audi

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Anan1 wrote: »
    I'd have the Mercedes - it's a pre-facelift too, which is good. No a/c on either car, though.

Would you need a/c?

I'd go for the Audi

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Would you need a/c?
    It'd want to be a pretty special car for me to buy it without a/c.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Audi any day, those Mercs look incredibly out dated.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

€3k looks pretty expensive for an almost 12 year old A6. The older Merc ain't cheap either btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Having had a 1994 merc, I like these cars and they are most reliable. However the prices seem to have dropped as has the popularity of them. If buying I would certainly go for top spec, elegance model with all the extras and as low mileage as possible. You may even get the a/c included which would be worthwhile. It may mean searching a bit but generally you are not going to pay thousands more.
    Overall if you are a fan go for a classy merc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Anan1 wrote: »
    It'd want to be a pretty special car for me to buy it without a/c.

With the state of the weather here I'd be more concerned that it didn't leak!

Merc for me. Just a better built car back then - if it checks out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Niether are too cheap, but I'd go with the merc every time. W124s were probably the last over-engineered model Mercedes built, and when the audi is recycled into tin cans, the merc will still be running if serviced correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

I'd have the merc. I used to have one pretty similar and no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

While the Audi is nice, I'd go for the Merc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Both cars seem a bit overpriced IMO, however the Merc would be a more comfortable car to have but it depends on condition they are prone to rust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

With either, given that you have a duff knee, pay careful attention to the driving position. In left hand drive cars the transmission tunnel usually bulks out at the passenger side, which is of course where we sit. The germans are devils for offset pedals due to RHD conversion, and you can end up in a lot of discomfort if you have existing knee trouble as you legs are off to one side.

Advertisement