Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA F1-F3

• 27-09-2008 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hey all,

Just a quick question, i've recently started working in an accountancy practice &
    part of my contract is that i start the ACCA and do my first exams next summer. I won't receive any exemptions so i start from the very start. I was just wondering how many exams i should take for my first sitting? Would it be hard to pass the first three in one go? I know it depends on the person as such, just wondering if anyone has perhaps done the first three and found it tough or found it ok..I am entitled to a week per subject as far as i know...

Any replies would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Noart

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 thejoker_1986

I have exemptions from all but the finals so for me, doing all previous sittings together would be no problem! But the first three, being the easiest would be manageable once you apply yourself and then you'll get an idea from there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Avoiding Work

Hi Noart,

Like you said it does depend on the person but just to give you some insight:

I am currently taking F2 & F3 after being pushed by colleagues / friends to sit at least two exams. I haven't studied in about 5 years and although I have been working in accounts pretty much since then I still find them tough.
    For two exams I am in college every Monday & Thursday evening and then some Fridays / Saturdays / Sundays. It works out pretty much an average of two evenings and a full weekend day each week. (Some weekends you get off, some weeks you're in three evenings & a full weekend day!)
    Needless to say the days you are off the last thing you want to do is open the books again, particularly when you're working in accounts all day.
    If I had the chance to go back, I would take one subject, concentrate on it & ease myself back into studying and sit two next year. I'm not in a mad hurry to qualify.

One girl on my course is taking all three and often only gets one evening off each week with all the revision days etc. so it depends how quickly you want to qualify / how much study you are willing to put in and if you are willing to sacrifice your life for the 4 months because it takes up a LOT of your time.

That said, I would be panicking a lot less with a week off per subject. I just get the two days for the exams so am struggling to think where I am supposed to fit all the studying in!!

My opinion? Go for the two exams, no point in overloading yourself and regretting the decision. If you find them easy enough you can sit 3 next time.

Good luck ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭bustershark

I did all three last December.
    If you go to the classes and put in a minimum of work coming up to the exams for F2 and F3 it's very manageable.
    F1 is a joke, particularly with the CBEs.
    The key is to go to all your classes though. In the classes I was in, the only people who struggled were those whose attendance was sporadic.

Advertisement