Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pinched on the butt!

Options
  • 27-09-2008 2:42pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Have you ever been pinched on the butt by a lad you didn't know? I was in a pub sipping a pint the other night, and standing at the bar cause the place was packed with no seats left, and all of a sudden I felt this pinch! Ouch! I spun around spilling my drink ready to punch someone, and this lad jumped back acting like what he did was OK, holding his hands open and up saying "Whoa girl, it was just a friendly pinch!"

So women, has it happened to you lately, and how did you react? How did you feel and what did you think about it?

OK lads, you can join in if you dare, and tell us if you have ever pinched a girl you didn't know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

yeah sexual assault is sooo friendly. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Has happened to me and I've done it. Though it was more of a slap than a pinch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭F.A.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    yeah sexual assault is sooo friendly. :rolleyes:

Exactly!! Seriously, Blue_Lagoon, why didn't you thank the guy for paying you attention without you even having to ask for it?

I think my drink would make contact with his face and he'd be lucky to escape a quick visit of my knee to his nether regions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭von Neumann

Not since i was 15..... but now that it's back in fashion :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Wudda floored him.

Maybe used sneakiness, cunning and a surprise element if he was big and strong.

Sometimes violence is the answer.

Also would make him maybe think twice next time he saw a nice arse.

D1ckead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Am I the only girl who doesn't honestly see it as that big of a deal? It's happened to me a lot and I don't care one bit.

Big whoop, he pinched your ass, mountains of molehills much?

Life's too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

liah wrote: »
    Am I the only girl who doesn't honestly see it as that big of a deal? It's happened to me a lot and I don't care one bit.

Big whoop, he pinched your ass, mountains of molehills much?

Life's too short.

Yip I'm the same. While I hate strangers touching me (even trying to hug me pisses me off) I wouldn't make a big deal about it. A filthy look at best is all they'd get.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

I have never done it and I hate guys that do it. If you have to resort to that to get a girl to chat to ya then you are crap at pulling or ugly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Far more women do it to guys tbh...

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

So what, men should be able to touch women wher they want, how they want and when they want?

Where is the line?

How about if they pinch your breast, is that ok?

Would that be a mountain or a molehill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

I agree. Its far more common the other way round, drunk girls thinkin they can go around slappin ass at will

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Note to self: Girl's DONT like when I pinch their ass.

What about pointing at my crotch suggestively? Do chicks dig this? :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I completely fail to understand 1) why guys would do this in the first place; and 2) why they would think that the woman is going to enjoy it. If you think a woman is attractive, talking to her is going to get you further than pinching her ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yeah i don't understand why guys do it either...maybe it's not to get stuck in, maybe they just like the feel of an ass =/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Ive done it twice in my life but only because i thought the person i did it to was someone else!! fortunately i survived both events!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Doesn't matter what gender the pincher is it's not acceptable behaviour.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

I've never done it to a girl I didn't know but, like others here, I've had it done to me by girls (and one guy) on several occasions.

I took it in the playful spirit in which it was obviously intended, though.

Maybe I'd have felt differently if they'd walked up and grabbed my crotch but a pinch on the ass is so harmless and silly it's not worth getting annoyed over.

Never said it was a point was made though that drunk women (not all) are notorious for it. I am not saying men don't do it.

Phlann wrote: »
    Maybe I'd have felt differently if they'd walked up and grabbed my crotch
    That's happened before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Used to do it as a teen :o but that was at teh disco's, people were more likely to grab some ass and start sucking face than to introduce themselves.
    Nowadays I wouldn't do it-have been grabbed a few times before but not lately (since I became a recluse it doesn't happen as often funnily enough)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭smares

Why do men do it? do they honestly think your going to be thinking nice one he pinched my ass!! No im afraid not.
    I think it's best ignored becuase you turn to say something to them and they have your attention which is what they were after in the first place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Cause they haven't grown out of that teen disco phase.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭smares

Thats true bacause it usually is younger guys that do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

I do remember a funny night out in my younger days. Out at a nightclub in town my mate slapped a girls ass while walkingup some stairs. Turned out she was the manager on duty and both of us were thrown out of the place. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Me and my friends (male and female) have a habit of slapping each other on the ass.

If a stranger slapped me on the ass I'd consider slapping them in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Never done it and thankfully never had it done to me. Not exactly a good ice breaker IMO. I don't even like it when girls I don't know/barely know rub their legs against mine, I'll ignore it in the hope that it's completely unintentional but I'd rather they didn't do it.
    You need to know someone to know what they consider their personal space and what levels of physical familiarity they'll tolerate from you, you can't really just go for it and hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Esel

If you have to resort to that to get a girl to chat to ya then you are crap at pulling ugly.
    FTFY. :)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭half pint

It has happenend to me on a few ocassions, usually by one of the lads in my group of friends. They know they are gona get a bit of a thump for it but it's a bit of a joke now.

However some random guy did it to me in a bar once and he left with my handprint across his cheek

It depends who it is at the end of the day, someone you know or a stranger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Guy did it to me in a club when my boyfriend was right beside me. I actually thought it was my boyfriend who did it so I didn't react. Was only when I saw the bf about to go for your man I realised what had happened.

I wouldn't see it as 'sexual assault', although it may techincally be, but it's very cheeky and certainly and wouldn't get me interested at all.

Advertisement