Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pinched on the butt!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

A female co-worker was lifted up and spun around while another female co-worker decided to play the drums on her bum. Needless to say when she was put back on the ground she turned around and slapped me in the face, thinking I was the drummer.

Wow that sounds like something from Mad men, although in that case it would've been you drumming and you would've gotten laid, not slapped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭F.A.

Sooo, guys who think this is just harmless fun and nothing to be offended by... I get that you don't mind women pinching you, but what about other guys, i.e., gay guys, doing it? Still a bit of harmless fun? Just wondering! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

Unwanted contact from a stranger like this is one thing guaranteed to absolutely make my blood boil. I avoid clubs and pubs where there is a likelihood that this will happen as a result.

It is just not acceptable to me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

God so many OTT reactions. Girls do it all the time to guys, I have yet to react in an offended manner or known anyone who has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭shoelaceface

dont think it has happened to me.... well there was an incident........

was in the pub one night... standing sipping my drink talking to my friends....

pub was packed!!

felt a hand on my bum.. thought must be someone just squashed...

seconds later... a pinch!!! i said im not turning around

seconds after that... my skirt is pulled up from behind..

WELL! i turned and said what the ****!

it was a girl.. she thought i was her friend....

she left the pub with embarrasment!

thats my story :cool:

thank you and goodnight!

• Advertisement

God so many OTT reactions. Girls do it all the time to guys, I have yet to react in an offended manner or known anyone who has.

Just becuase some girls do it to some guys, doesnt mean some guys should do it to me.

I feel how I feel. I'm not going to apologise for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 CatLady1

It happened to me recently while I was I in a lift in a hotel. 5 blokes got into the lift and as I was getting out at my floor, one of them slapped me quite hard on the ass, while the rest of them found this hilarious. Unfortunately the door was closing when I turned around. I felt angry and humiliated!
    This is not acceptable whether its a bloke doing it to a girl OR the other way around. Its so disrespectful IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Got mine pinched by some chic at a beers there a few weeks back.

Needless to say when I asked to return said pinch I got a polite pfo.

wimmen :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ralphmalph

I don't know what the big deal is.
    I've never had an adverse reaction when patting a girls ass, girls love it.
    Well there was one time, but I was trying to slap a different girls ass and I accidentally go some monster.. who had a very bad reaction!

I think its the ones who don't get pinched often that are just a bit jealous
    that the hot girls are getting their bottoms slapped.
    Its a perfectly valid introduction, like shaking hands,
    its just easier when in a club when holding drinks etc...

^ charmer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

F.A. wrote: »
    Sooo, guys who think this is just harmless fun and nothing to be offended by... I get that you don't mind women pinching you, but what about other guys, i.e., gay guys, doing it? Still a bit of harmless fun? Just wondering! :)

Gay guys are much better at letting their intentions be known, plus they have a lot more to risk than women. Tbh ye could learn from them! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

ralphmalph wrote: »
    I don't know what the big deal is.
    I've never had an adverse reaction when patting a girls ass, girls love it.
    Well there was one time, but I was trying to slap a different girls ass and I accidentally go some monster.. who had a very bad reaction!

I think its the ones who don't get pinched often that are just a bit jealous
    that the hot girls are getting their bottoms slapped.
    Its a perfectly valid introduction, like shaking hands,
    its just easier when in a club when holding drinks etc...

Banned on the arse for trolling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

In Coppers, walking across the dancefloor, about 5 years ago. Guy grabs my ass, I grab his hand and hold it up, and guess what..... he'd one hand on my ass and the other around his girlfriend. She was not a happy bunny :-)
    My very last trip to Coppers :-)

barbiegirl wrote: »
    In Coppers, walking across the dancefloor, about 5 years ago. Guy grabs my ass, I grab his hand and hold it up, and guess what..... he'd one hand on my ass and the other around his girlfriend. She was not a happy bunny :-)

yes thats on the list of places I will not go. Along with Flannerys and Tramco.

Flannerys was the worst place I've ever been in. Was in there for less than ten minutes one time and it was just constant as I walked through the place. I was fuming by the time I got out of it, and havent been back since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

A female co-worker was lifted up and spun around while another female co-worker decided to play the drums on her bum. Needless to say when she was put back on the ground she turned around and slapped me in the face, thinking I was the drummer.

You were just the cymbal at the end of the drum-roll. Stop being paranoid. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,144 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

barbiegirl wrote: »

Thats the way to get back embaress the pest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Cmol

Ha! When we were younger.. say, 13, we used to have competitions on who could pinch the most guys asses's on a day / night out

Don't ask.... it was funny at the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Esel

13 year-olds have nights out? Where? :eek: :D

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Kotick

Pinching a random person you don't know is unacceptable. It's sleazy, pervy and just plain gross. Keep your damn hands to yourself. If it had happened to me, I'd tell my boyfriend and he can deal with the guy in his own way. He has a rule for guys that they can look but never touch. Or else...

One of my bf's friends tried to kiss me on the mouth. I freaked out and grabbed his ear and some how slapped him all at the same time. I'm not a touchy feely person, so leave me be.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

F.A. wrote: »
    Well, I wasn't one of those who thought it was "harmless fun" for a man to do this to a woman he didn't know well, anyway, though I did say I wouldn't take much notice myself of being pinched by a woman.

But it's still a valid question ... and given that one of my best friends for ever and a day grew up to include pole vaulting in his hobbies, the answer is that I've had my ass pinched and indeed worse by him and his mates over the years, and never took much notice of that either.

I think the real point is that there is a fine line between eejiting among friends, or at least people who know each other at some level, and purely sleazy behaviour. Most of us (either gender) know the difference. Unfortunately, some don't, and give the rest a bad name.

Perfect example below ... I would prescribe a quick knee to the plums (although, given the level of behaviour, wizened raisins are probably more likely!)
    CatLady1 wrote: »
    It happened to me recently while I was I in a lift in a hotel. 5 blokes got into the lift and as I was getting out at my floor, one of them slapped me quite hard on the ass, while the rest of them found this hilarious. Unfortunately the door was closing when I turned around. I felt angry and humiliated!
    This is not acceptable whether its a bloke doing it to a girl OR the other way around. Its so disrespectful IMO.
    5 guys in a herd, doing this to a woman on her own ... very hard to pass that off as "a joke" tbh. Completely out of order in my book.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

I slapped a girl in the bum leaving a lift in a hostel once - but I did know her, albeit for only a few hours!

She bought me breakfast the next morning so it obviously was considered appropriate in the circumstances :D:D :pac:*

It was nothing like CatLady's example though. In her case it was a group of men she didn't know basically using her as the butt of a sexist joke. In my case it was a playful thanks for the fun night of dancing and partying we just had.

*Note to self must tell story in this way in future and leave out the part where we went to back to bed in our own seperate rooms!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Cmol

esel wrote: »

School disco's ftw ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

esel wrote: »

Slumber parties. More for your money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Personally i am not a big fan of uninvited contact.

Would assume anyone else was either.

I do remember watching a friend of mine slap a guy full in the teeth for pinching her ass once. I remember not wanting that to happen to me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Dragan wrote: »

I do remember watching a friend of mine slap a guy full in the teeth for pinching her ass once. I remember not wanting that to happen to me. :)

Your friend was my Great Uncle Paul? Well, it didn't hurt him much since his teeth were in a glass of water at the time...Boom boom!:pac:

I have not been harassed by anyone yet. Women usually use mace if they get within 5 feet of me.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭pinkmonkey

I'm a GUY and some girl kept pinching my ass on Saturday night even though I was kissing another girl at the same time!!! I kept turning around and she would look away...like wtf!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

pinkmonkey wrote: »
    I'm a girl and some girl kept pinching my ass on Saturday night even though I was kissing another girl at the same time!!! I kept turning around and she would look away...like wtf!! :confused:

She must have been jealous!

I got my ass pinched on the train on monday, but the train had two train loads of people on it and I believe the woman was just trying to move her bag from one hand to the other and ended up giving me a pinch, to which I reacted to by bumping into some guys ass :D Gotta love the jam packed trains :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭pinkmonkey

I'm a girl and some girl kept pinching my ass on Saturday night even though I was kissing another girl at the same time!!! I kept turning around and she would look away...like wtf!! :confused:

whoops edit!!! I said I was a girl by mistake....temporary moment of insanity :D
    I am indeed a guy (and have proof for those who want it....jokes!!!) but the rest of the post is 100% true

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

liah wrote: »
    Am I the only girl who doesn't honestly see it as that big of a deal? It's happened to me a lot and I don't care one bit.

Big whoop, he pinched your ass, mountains of molehills much?

Life's too short.
    Piste wrote: »
    Yip I'm the same. While I hate strangers touching me (even trying to hug me pisses me off) I wouldn't make a big deal about it. A filthy look at best is all they'd get.
    Peared wrote: »
    So what, men should be able to touch women wher they want, how they want and when they want?

Where is the line?

How about if they pinch your breast, is that ok?

Would that be a mountain or a molehill?
    I've been pinched (am a guy) and it's not nice. No way in hell would I do this to a stranger. Peared for decency prez :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Esel

whoops edit!!! I said I was a girl by mistake....temporary moment of insanity :D
    I am indeed a guy (and have proof for those who want it....jokes!!!) but the rest of the post is 100% true
    With a nick like yours, you can see how we would be confused! Did you mean purple? :D

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement