Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bank mistake expensive mistake.

• 27-09-2008 3:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭

i opened a account with ulsterbank lodged a cheque and on opening of account was told that there would be no problem when funds had cleared to send a interbank transfer of funds to my share trading a/c with annother bank, I arrived friday morn and was told by the bank staff that i could not make a bank transfer of funds from a savings a/c, after explaining to the lady that i was told on opening a/c that i could send bank transfer she just appologised? i asked could i see manager and was told he was busy untill monday? i asked could i open a regular a/c and transfer funds straight away to this a/c so as i could send funds to share trading a/c she said this would take a further ten days, This sounds like a total load of ****e to me, I intended to trade with thease funds on friday and would have made a nice profit if bank had done there job in the first fu*king place, Surley the bank can open a current a/c on monday and transfer my funds on the spot to new current a/c thus allowing me to send interbank transfer straight away to share trading a/c, Seems like the banks do not want to release peoples money, shower of gangsters.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Your best bet is the ombudsman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭fathersymes

Similar thing happened me a few years ago, my bank forgot to execute an electronic transfer to the UK, which resulted in embarrasment and loss of business to myself.

After presenting invoices to the bank and proving my loss, they eventually admitted their mistake and refunded the costs to me (after 3 months of letter writing).

Never give the banks and inch, they WILL walk all over you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭ranger4

Lost 3,000 friday with trades i couldnt execuite because of ULSTER Banks mistake, Cant understand on friday when they appologised about mistake and i asked them to open a current account which should have been recomended to me in first place and transfer CLEARED funds from savings to the new CURRENT a/c and i was told this would take a further 10 days WTF? I am going into bank in morning and am insisting on this transfer and want to be able to elctronicaly transfer my money to my brokers account Is this possible or can they refuse to do this same day? The only other thing i can do is withdrawl amount by bankers draft but woint the funds take more time to clear in brokers a/c, shamefull whats going on with the banks.

Advertisement