Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pitman Courses

Options
  • 27-09-2008 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Im thinking about taking up a Pitman Course, just wondering are they reconised ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

I used to teach Pitmans, there a simple low level IT qualification, good if you want to become a secretary but not much use if you want to work in IT. There very much like ECDL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Certainly here in Northern Ireland you can't get any kind of Local Authority admin job without a Pitman/RSA qualification, no matter how many years relevant administrative or pc experience you have (me bitter? never :rolleyes::rolleyes:) I don't recall coming across them too much when I was jobhunting in the Republic, they tended to have ECDL as a requirement.

Advertisement