Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

07 Mondeo Diesel - Service

Options
  • 27-09-2008 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

My 07 last model diesel mondeo was due a service 200 kms ago and it's likely I'll clock up possibly another 1,000 kms before I'll be able to get it done - will this cause damage to the engine.........also, what kind of cost would it be to get it serviced in a main dealer in Dublin........? Thanks,

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

1/. Unlikely.

2/. Ask a dealer. Ford have fixed menu servicing, which is excellent value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

cjmcork wrote: »
    My 07 last model diesel mondeo was due a service 200 kms ago and it's likely I'll clock up possibly another 1,000 kms before I'll be able to get it done - will this cause damage to the engine.........also, what kind of cost would it be to get it serviced in a main dealer in Dublin........? Thanks,

Why go to a main dealer ? save some money and get it done in a smaller garage, or if possible do it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

cjmcork wrote: »

Its €170 for a minor service and €295 for a major service were I work, thats a ford main dealer. Your car is only 07 so you have another 1 years warranty, just bring it to a ford dealer and you'll be grand;)
    a 1000kms is OK. if your last service was a minor service so this one will be a major service and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

cool stuff - thanks for the responses, I appreciate the feedback

Advertisement