Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you want to be married?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Splendour wrote: »
    The benefits of marraige for guys is the same as it is for gals; to have a partner who is willing to make this commitment to spend the rest of their lives with you and to put you before themself... It is the coming together of two people who are willing and mature enough to carry this out...

What other benefits are you looking for?
    Well post the benefits for gals then and post the investment in terms of time and money.

I just would like to see it written down.

Lots of Irish guys say that Irish women complain loads - whereas polish and phillipino women are a lot more loving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Really CDfm at this stage you go to be trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

He's talking about rights as a father, if that wasn't clear.

Married fathers have more rights then unmarried fathers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Let there be no more broad pronouncements on this thread that start with "Lots of guys say" or "Lots of girls say" or "Irish women tend to be".

Especially not from CDfm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

CDfm wrote: »
    Well post the benefits for gals then and post the investment in terms of time and money.

I just would like to see it written down.

Lots of Irish guys say that Irish women complain loads - whereas polish and phillipino women are a lot more loving

And I've heard it said that Polish guys treat their women like queens so maybe we can all learn here...

Read my last post again CDfm. If couples were to put their partners needs before their own then we wouldn't have so many marraiges breaking up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Really CDfm at this stage you go to be trolling.
    not trolling - honest.Thinking out loud.

It was a bad day-thinking of getting more involved with someone thats all.

How to dress a room is something Ive just learned last night.

Optimism is the triumph of hope over experience.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

far too much effort tbh

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

CDfm wrote: »
    not trolling - honest.Thinking out loud.

It was a bad day-thinking of getting more involved with someone thats all.

How to dress a room is something Ive just learned last night.

Optimism is the triumph of hope over experience.
    CDfm... I mean this in the nicest way. Please turn on your brain filter before posting. This stream of conciousness type thing is really confusing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I never really got the whole marriage and wedding thing myself. I really don't see a point to it these days with a high divorce rate, you wonder whats the point? It's not as if people even wait until they have tied the knot to have sex anymore either.

I think my adultly priorities would be - House, Childers, then maybe Marriage for tax and a day out.

I discovered only recently that for an unmarried couple with children, in the event of the mother's death the father does not automatically get guardianship of the child.
    My friend is in a long-term relationship with his partner and they have an eight-year-old son. He told me that if his partner was to die, he has to apply for guardianship of his own son.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

only joining this thread now but anyway I never wanted to get married but 2 years ago myself and my partner got married because of tax reasons, got married in secret paid about €100 on the whole thing. Had a great day though!

Advertisement