Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little doggie needs home asap

Options
  • 27-09-2008 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

Just got this little guy in today I know were he has come from and won't be going back' as I am full to the brim I have no were to put him and need a home for him asap. He won't be with me long enough to sort out his vac's or neuter so this will have to be done in his new home I need to get him out of the area asap as he is from the travellers near by me and I don't want them getting their hands on him.

He is very sweet a little shy but in the last hour or so has come out of his shell, he has fabulous markings and unfortunatly has his tail docked but looks well and healthy just needs some good feeding. I will be doing a home check. I recon he is only about 8-9mths old. Will post more pictures later.

003.JPG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

007.JPG

003.JPG

We just had a bath and smell lovely, the bath usually tells me if they are aggressive or snappy because they try to get away but he wasn't and gets on great with the two big dogs he was delighted to see them so he'll be fine with other dogs I'll try him with cats tomorrow.

He's so sweet I think he might be just a little bit younger than I first thought and hasn't been ruined yet he's very good. But for his sake he needs a home fast.

He's such a cutie pie.

I normally don't allow them to leave me unvac's and uneutered but I can't take the chance they find out I have him Iwould have nothing but trouble from them so I need him to go fast. He's a really nice little guy and for a jack russel nice and quiet too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

He is beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭mary123

What sort of dog is he.

mary123 wrote: »
    What sort of dog is he.

He is a young jack russel he is very gentle and sweet and afriad of cats so he should be fine to learn to live with them, he has the most beautiful markings I've ever seen on a jackie very unusual. He hasn't barked much so he's quiet as well and is already copped on that the big boys go out side and has stsrted to copy them so he'll house train in no time as well. He won't grow much bigger than in the photo's.

Could take him here if u like till a home can be found for him. Will get him vac and nurered.

• Advertisement

Could take him here if u like till a home can be found for him. Will get him vac and nurered.

Thats fantastic I was so worried he'd be spotted by them in the window as some of their kids play with some kids up the road, are you sure you have enough room I'll get the money to have him sorted.

Will always find space here, as long as gets on with the other dogs, which u said this lad does. Looks a lovely lad. Give me a ring and we can arrange something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Oh he is gorgeous!

I want him! lol, see can i sweet talk the parentals seen as its still their house!

Got horses cats and a dog here already so enough to look after really but still no harm asking.
    Had alot of rescued cats dogs horses and even potbelly pigs! (loved the pigs!)
    Prefer giving rescues a good home.

Thats great Jemmy Mary is going to have a chat about taking him till he is re-homed as I need to move him from my place asap for his sake and the rest of the animals I have here, if they new I tuck him every time a dog go's missing I'd have nothing but trouble at the door and put the others in danger. So just pm me your no. if you think you can give him a home.

He looks so cute curled up amoung the two big boys and knows how to make himself comfy between them, he has a beautiful shaped head and lovely eye's that make you want to give him your sunday dinner so be warned.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Thats fantastic I was so worried he'd be spotted by them in the window as some of their kids play with some kids up the road, are you sure you have enough room I'll get the money to have him sorted.

Blackcat2008--Can I point something out to you.Ive amended the charter to point out that no money should change hands for Vaccs etc.
    My advise to you regarding this rehoming is that you exchange no money until you see receipts for the vaccs.

• Advertisement

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Blackcat2008--Can I point something out to you.Ive amended the charter to point out that no money should change hands for Vaccs etc.
    My advise to you regarding this rehoming is that you exchange no money until you see receipts for the vaccs.

No money is exchanging hands for this little lad. I will get him vac and nurered before he is rehomed, myself, Just want to get him out from where he is. He will be vac this eve or tomorrow morning and booked in to be neurered ASAP. Any one that wants to see the vac card will be welcome.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

No money is exchanging hands for this little lad. I will get him vac and nurered before he is rehomed, myself, Just want to get him out from where he is. He will be vac this eve or tomorrow morning and booked in to be neurered ASAP. Any one that wants to see the vac card will be welcome.

Mary my previous post was to point out that no money should change hands for vaccs etc.

Blackcat offered you money in their post which as far as Im concerned is against the rules.
    I'll get the money to have him sorted.

The point Im trying to make is that we`ve had complaints about people abusing their rehoming of animals to scam people out of money so the rules are now that no money whatsoever is to change hands for rehoming.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Mary my previous post was to point out that no money should change hands for vaccs etc.

Blackcat offered you money in their post which as far as Im concerned is against the rules.

The point Im trying to make is that we`ve had complaints about people abusing their rehoming of animals to scam people out of money so the rules are now that no money whatsoever is to change hands for rehoming.

Thats all my fault sorry I wasn't thinking, she's so good to take him till he's re-homed and I don't mind paying for what ever he needs as I tuck him in in the first place and I just need to get him out of the area quick.
    Sorry I'll try using my nut the next time. All my fault.:o

The little guy is safe and sound with Mary and her animals are beautiful so I have no douth he's in good hands, but we still need a good home for him so if an one is interested in him please post and I'll stay in touch. As I say he's fine with cats, dogs and children, he's still Young so will adapt to most lifestyles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭gabigeist

if they new I tuck him every time a dog go's missing I'd have nothing but trouble quote]

You stole their dog? Mod, surely ya can't have people advertising nicked dogs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

gabigeist wrote: »
    if they new I tuck him every time a dog go's missing I'd have nothing but trouble quote]

I'm sure that BlackCat wouldn't have taken the dog without having a reason!!!

gabigeist wrote: »

No owner, no lead, no collar, no chip left to wonder to be killed by a car or bigger dog classifies a stray dog as the warden told me himself and has taken several young dogs from me and sent them on to other rescues that take dogs from the pound I know were every single one is.

I couldn't save the last one a five week old yorkie kicked to death by three to eight year old children I found it dead when I went looking for it, and that was just what the kids are capable of.

To sum it up for you if it won't do what it's told kill it, if it's costing them money kill it, if it doesn't make them money kill it, it the kids are bothering them give them a pup to kill great bunch of folks don't you think, nothing survives with them. If they keep the dog on to teach it a lesson not to disobey they stick it in a pillow case and kick it about for a while,beat it, burn it, starve it, you really have no idea of what they are capable of, if you did our wouldn't even be questioning me.

Where does it say I stole the dog from them I tuck in a stray which I was later informed it was a travellers dog, I had a fare idea were it came from when I first brought it home, because it wouldn't raise it's head and the small of it, as well as traveller dogs behave different to other dogs from other environments.

Would you hand a pup back to people who would do such horrific things to them regardless of who they are ?

By the way I'm looking for a good home for it not money, those who steal look for money I'm a small rescue not a puppy farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

BlackCat fair play to you for doing what you did. Nothing worse than people out there who couldn't care less for their pets!!!!
    Kids these days are awful (not all kids though) But to think that those kids kicked a yorkie to death....it's sick.
    Well done on saving the dog. One dog saved is one less for those scumbags to torture!!!!

Here's some more pic's for yous,

004.JPG

005.JPG

007.JPG

redone them hope it works

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

You are doing great things BlackCat , l wish there were more like you. l am sure the poster doesn't read this forum very often and did not realise the good work you do. l think you are to be admired for your compassion towards all animals.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

It's so true, there are very few people who do such things and we're lucky to have a few among us on boards.

*sentimental moment over*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭XxlauraxX

You are doing great things BlackCat , l wish there were more like you. l am sure the poster doesn't read this forum very often and did not realise the good work you do. l think you are to be admired for your compassion towards all animals.:)

so true glad too see a few in this world who are really compassionate about animals , well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

BlackCat those Attachments are not working for me.
    Can everyone else see them?

Here's one off the kittens that looks like yours Mary,

046.JPG

045.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Here's some more pic's for yous,

004.JPG

005.JPG

007.JPG

redone them hope it works

He's adorable, a real little poser :P

Fair play to you for taking him in. It's so much easier to turn a blind eye, especially when you get the hassle of dealing with the type of people you rescued him from. It makes me sick how some people can treat their animals and get away with it.

babs is in the vets getting his little op. fingers crossed he will be fine and home with me shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

Where in the world are these children brought up to have no respect for their pets and how are they allowed to get away with it? I'm so disgusted.

From what I've always in countered they are thought to be this way, bad behaver seems to be rewarded. Taking them out of school to teach them to scam seems to be another problem. I'm not saying all are like this but from what I have seen most are.

I stood talking to one girl in a site she was an englisn traveller and her kids were picking my pockets as I was talking to her, she gave them a clip rround the ear and gave me back the keys the got, she was nice but the site didn'tlike the fact that one of their own married and english traveller so they ran him over and while he was in hospital they set her caravan alight while her and the four kids sleep, sadly a four year old child could not be reach and burned to death se tuck the children and fleed back to england before they were all killed, she was very nice, and her little girl was like a barbie doll. They just don't care even the english travellers have gotten a bad name because of them and are up in arms this passed while about it.

• Advertisement

I'm glad he came through his op ok and he's in your good hands.

Hope rocky will be fine too.

Advertisement