Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little doggie needs home asap

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

I seen Mmmy dog yesterday and she is a purebreed pom, this explains why Babs has such a square face, but I couldn't get her they were out in their droves at the site yesterday and I would have been seen, she is filthy and very badly matted, can't tell if she's pregnant with all that hair so I'll have to bid my time.

She was by the road for a long time and I'm sure if I don't get her she'll be killed the roads around here are very busy and she is a runner I can't see the other little one I just have to hope he/she will be ok till I can track them down.

Their is also a little dog with a collar and tag wondering the area he is black and gray and looks like a scruff ball, it seems it's just the way he looks so if anyone hear's of this dog missing please have them contact me as he is a runner too, and I scared him when I put the car in reverse and con't find were he went. I'd like totry to get him ack to his home.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

BlackCat l hope you get her l really do , l have always had Poms and hate to think of the poor girl being in that state.Be careful though , wont you.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭mary123

Babs is a great dog, so good and coming around every day. Who ever gets will be lucky, im nearly tempted myself.
    great with other dogs, loves out walking, im going to start bringing him out in the car tomorrow. When he came he he was a bit unsure of cats, he is now fine with them. nearly house trained now just the odd cocking the leg.

Blackcat hope u get the mum and bro/sis but dont put urself indanger. Talk to u soon.

Won't put myself in the firing line I'd be no use to the dogs if they knew who I was. They just seemed to be every were I looked yesterday I did take a chance when I was out of eye shoot but she ran in thier direction, no dought she belongs to some one, and I'll give it a shoot to find her home first before looking to rehome if needs be. So if you's know anyone who lost or had one stolen please find out the name and maybe she will come to me then and we will have found the owner.

Sounds like he is doing great, he was no prolem in the car with me so he should be fine with you, How's everyone couping with the loss of Rocky.

SharpshooterH is there any thing pacific a pom likes maybe I could tempt her with ? I'd just love to get a brush into that hair of hers.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Well BlackCat my Poms all love chicken , especially when it is boiled as it leaves it soft and moist or as a treat they love a piece of digestive biscuit.
    l would suggest a squeaky toy as Poms seem unable to resist the noise they make, but maybe the others would hear it too and you would be found out.
    Hope some of this helps you , take care.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭MissyN

Just in relation to BlackCat2008 'nicking' that dog...I have met BC2008 and she is so great and caring towards animals...she does so much and goes way way WAY out of her way to help animals and dogs in particular. She definitely did the best for that dog.......no question. :)

Hi, Missyn, me big air head forgot to text back, how did Missy get on in the kennels hope you enjoyed your Holiday.

In relation to stealing dogs, I barely have time to scratch myself some days and have a house full to the brim of animals from all over the country, they demand a lot of attention and it's a lot to keep up with I have no need to steal dogs. I rescue those that stray or are in need, I even work with people in general to educate them in the proper care of animals and if they can't afford to neuter I find a way to neuter and vac's or else I end up with the young.

The dogs in traveller sites will go to them if given a choose of them or me simply because they fear them, this is not right and the way they treat them is deplorable so I take any chance I can to get them. I have loads placed in homes all over the country and seeing them a month or two after there re homed shows me that rescuing them is the right thing to do. My grey hound was stabbed in the shoulder and is covered in scares from them. They didn't even recognise him when they thought he was there's if my dogs went missing I'd know them a mile away.

Thanks Sharpshooterh I'll pick up a squeaky toy tomorrow and the others are haveng chicken to night so I'll hold onto some of that as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

God he's a little dote. Myself and my boyfriend are looking for a place at the moment. My first priority is to get a dog. Always had them growing up and feel incomplete without one. I'm so tempted. If we get a place sorted before you have found a home for him I'll be in touch. Either way I hope he gets a great home. Blackcat you are amazing, well done. I am in shock over those kids. I don't even want to think about it. God love any animal that they have :(

I'll keep up dating as things go, if he is re homed then maybe by the time you are settled in I'll have gotten the other two and you might like one of them, mammy is beautiful so I'd say bro/sis will be to. If not Ash has lovely dogs and Mary 123 has some from time to time as well so we'll keeping touch.

Meant to say my fathers dog is due pups to, she is a very intelligent Jackie and very good looking, she mated with a collie so they will be up for re homing in about three months time, only he's not well I could kick him for allowing her to get pregnant.

Advertisement