Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch in Dublin City Centre

• 27-09-2008 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

I've just started working in dublin city centre and i was wondering what people think are the best places to get lunch around the grafton st/temple bar area. I'm looking for somewhere cheap (around €5)where i can get lunch and just sit for 40 mins and read the paper and that sort of thing.

The cuisine doesnt really matter because i like most things.

The leader at the moment for me is Charlies IV on georges street €7.90 for a starter/main course and a drink.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

A 5 minute walk to the epicurean food hall on lower abbey street is well worth it.... Your spoiled for choice there.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

i recommend the new chinese place on the quays beside the laughter lounge all you can eat for € 10.90 or if you are up near harcourt street there is a little place called cafe bliss its fairly cheap but the food is savage they do a really good chichen curry half and half!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Insomnia's coffee and sandwich for e5 is grand, you can sit in the one on St Stephen's Green if the weather's crap or go across to the Green itself if it's nice. Fresh on Camden Street do huge, nice sandwiches for around e4.50 and you could sit in the Iveagh Gardens afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭pawrick

I like the crepe shop on temple bar sq - bacon and maple syrup crepe mmmmmmm

also a nice spot on dawson st - dunno the name but it's a cafe with nice deserts - italian style thing, some seats outside

em the duke for cavery lunch, just go upstairs for some room to read the paper - duke st. off graften st.

yes and the green or iveagh gardens are great spots with the right weather :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

pawrick wrote: »
    I like the crepe shop on temple bar sq - bacon and maple syrup crepe mmmmmmm

:)

ye fucker!!, now Im starving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

JAMM222 wrote: »
    i recommend the new chinese place on the quays beside the laughter lounge all you can eat for € 10.90 or if you are up near harcourt street there is a little place called cafe bliss its fairly cheap but the food is savage they do a really good chichen curry half and half!:D

Ah Man Cafe Bliss's Golden Curry's are legend. I'm actually gonna go get one now hahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

vangoz wrote: »
    Ah Man Cafe Bliss's Golden Curry's are legend. I'm actually gonna go get one now hahaha.

id say its probably the best in dublin in fact the best in ireland!!!

Advertisement