Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remote control socket adapters. These are really handy..

Options
  • 27-09-2008 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭

Looking for a remote control lamp for my disabled mum recently, I Came across this in Argos :

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/0461577/Trail/searchtext%3EENERGY+SAVER+SOCKETS.htm

The remote control knocks off the socket adapter allowing a person who may be bed bound to switch off virtually any electrical device by remote control. The two pack remote allows up to two sockets to be controlled by remote, and I presume the four pack allows up to four.

My mum is chuffed as its the first time she has been able to have a lamp over her TV which is how she likes to watch telly. For the first time now, she has control over a light in her room from her bed. (lamps by the bedside kept getting smashed).

Great little invention, I imagine it could be useful for a lot of people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Or save a few quid if you are anywhere near Newry/Derry/Belfast, they can be had for 20 stgs.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

This is a very good idea for those with reduced mobility. Years ago, i bought a simple remote dimmer switch for my bedroom which is dead handy :)

A flat touch panel replaced the switch plate and there's an IR sensor for a remote control which also operates the dimmer function (i rarely use the remote though as the switch controls the top light, which i only use when entering the room and usually gets switched off completely, in favour of lower level lighting)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

maplins has a pretty good selection of these

Advertisement