Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bumber Scratch Repair.

Options
  • 27-09-2008 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Was away in the South of France for a couple of weeks and left my car parked at the airport. Came back and noticed a scratch about a foot long on the back bumper. A nice little present from somebody elses suitcase I'd say :mad:.

I've tried to get it out with T-Cut but its too deep. I can just about catch it with my fingernail. Its only a few mm wide but really obvious.

Whats the best way to fix it? Should I get one of those paint pens from the dealer and apply it myself and maybe T-Cut down the the same level or just maybe apply the paint and leave well enough alone?

Needless to say there was no note left by the person who did it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Depending on the car park and location there could be a good chance that it could have been caught on CCTV. Depending on the year and type of paint. If it is something a few years old and a straight colour you could probably get away with a paint stick. If its a fresh car and metallic you would have to re do the complete bumper. Get a few quotes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Its a 2006 silver metallic Civic. I think you're right. Probably best to get a quote. An expert might be able to touch it up professionally without costing a fortune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Its a 2006 silver metallic Civic. I think you're right. Probably best to get a quote. An expert might be able to touch it up professionally without costing a fortune.
    You have probably the most difficult colour too match and the car is fresh, best leave it in if you want it done right. Lads on this forum might have an idea of a quote.

Advertisement