Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average age for child to start horse riding

Options
  • 27-09-2008 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Anybody have any kids learning to horse ride? What age did they start at? Friend has two girls four and five, is this too young?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

ozypozy wrote: »
    Anybody have any kids learning to horse ride? What age did they start at? Friend has two girls four and five, is this too young?

I started when i was 5!

23 now didnt do me any harm! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

I did horse riding when I was four, loved it.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

as soon as they have enough sence not to stand under the horses hoofs lol. About the age of 5 i would think

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

My horse riding school wont take children until they are 8. This is because they are city children and have no experience of livestock. If the children grew up in the country and are used to large animals they will take them at 5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Well my daughter started when she was 4/5 and not a bother on her, she had no previous experience with animals etc.

where are you located o.p.? could recommend a good riding school if you were in the vicinity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭ozypozy

Thanks for all the replies. Based in Wexford but it's for a friend of mine. I got a fright on a horse when I was ten and never got back on one unfortunately!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 memyselfandi

My daughter started lessons when she was 5. It took her a while to get over the initial fear element, she is 8 nearly 9 now and well able to ride. In fact it is an obsession with her, her whole life revolves around her weekly lesson.

Advertisement