Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me refill my Ipod

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

the coronas , the blizzards thin lizzy and gary moore... al you need... Flight of the conchords are also among the best thing you will ever listen to...

highly respected by all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

S.I.R wrote: »
    the blizzards

Dont do it, its a trap.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Flight of the conchords are also among the best thing you will ever listen to...

They seem like the type of band you hear, think are deadly, make your friends listen to and then never play again.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the coronas , the blizzards thin lizzy and gary moore... al you need... Flight of the conchords are also among the best thing you will ever listen to...

highly respected by all.

Jaysus if thats all I'd need I would have died a long time ago

Get the new mogwai album. I got it on the basis of that thread here and its sheer audio bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

I listen to almost everyone you listen to, and would like to add;

Andrew Bird
    Animal Collective
    Ani DiFranco
    Chris Garneau
    Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
    Nouvelle Vague

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Diamond007

Hot chip
    Fleet Foxes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,332 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Nick Cave - Abattoir Blues,The Lyre of Orpheus,Dig!!!Lazarus!!!Dig!!!
    Nick Drake - Bryter Layter
    The Stones - Exile on Main Street,Sticky Fingers
    The Velvet Underground - All of their stuff
    Television - Marquee Moon

Many Many more.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Kold wrote: »
    Ah come on now, they're alright but that Nintendocore 8 bit sound has been around for quite some time, all it is is breakcore mixed with punk vocals. In fact her vocals are sh*t, it just gives indie heads an excuse to like it.

It's an Atari actually :)

But it's what he does with it that's impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

kraggy wrote: »
    It's an Atari actually :)

But it's what he does with it that's impressive.

Take some James Holden and call me in the morning.

Take some James Holden and call me in the morning.

I do like that indeed, but I'm not backing down on my original point :pac:

That song reminds me of his mix of Nathan Fake's "The sky was pink". Not as good as the original but still good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

OP, seeing Sufjan Stevens top of your list = 100x respect :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Dave Matthews
    Pearl Jam
    Matchbox 20
    Josh Ritter

kraggy wrote: »
    That song reminds me of his mix of Nathan Fake's "The sky was pink". Not as good as the original but still good.

Searched it on youtube before downloading a load of his stuff, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

No 'My Bloody Valentine'?
    Elbow
    My Morning Jacket (I only have Z but its great)
    Doves

cashback wrote:
    No 'My Bloody Valentine'?
    les savy fav
    Joy Division
    The Smiths
    Jesus and Mary Chain
    Lou Reed/ The Velvet Underground
    My Bloody Valentine
    The Strokes
    The Warlocks
    The Vines
    Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

I like a lot of your list, so this is some stuff i like that you havent listed

:D Might i also suggest British sea power?

Searched it on youtube before downloading a load of his stuff, thanks.

You're very welcome :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Somebody in here suggested Mogwai - The Hawk is Howling.

I just downloaded it and its an amazing album.

Have a similar taste in music, would suggest Idlewild, Placebo, Neutral Milk Hotel...

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sparkzter

You should really try "Smashing Pumpkins"- Mellon Collie & The Infinate Sadness
    I really think you would like it, looking at your music!

I also just though of "The Killers"- maybe Hot Fuss- most people like that one best, but they have a new album out ant the end of the month and its sounding good too!! :)

sparkzter wrote: »
    I also just though of "The Killers"- maybe Hot Fuss- most people like that one best, but they have a new album out ant the end of the month and its sounding good too!! :)

I beg to differ on that front. I really liked hot fuss, Sams town was really good in parts but only average in other, I enjoyed Sawdust, But from what i have heard, Day and Age is going to be the biggest pile of unadulterated crap that has ever graced the music scene

• Advertisement

What have you heard of day and age that makes you say that?

Any of their music would convince me that it's going to be another bowel emptying on the musical arts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lazyjane

kings of convenience!

Spaceman
    Human
    Losing Touch

They all sound the same. Seriously, listen to them three in a row, they sound exactly the f*cking same

Spaceman
    Human
    Losing Touch

They all sound the same. Seriously, listen to them three in a row, they sound exactly the f*cking same

I dont buy that, this latest album does have a differant sound to previous but give it a chance. I have heard every song and the songs you mentioned are not the best on it. Dustland fairytale, goodnight travel well
    and this is your life are my favourites. In fact all my faves are lesser kown tracks like; Replaceable, Desperate, Under the gun and Soft surrender. I am maybe abit biased because i love there 80's sound and there depeche mode like synths :o:P which appear on all there albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I'd recommend everything everyone else has said +

Jimi Hendrix
    Led Zepplin

Gotta have a few classic oldies on there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I personally don't like your taste, but hey, what can you do!? I reckon might like a bit of Fun Lovin' Criminals, nobody I know (who aren't musically ignorant, if you get my meaning) has not liked them to date, so I'd say you should to. The Stone Roses, Happy Mondays, Charlatans... I'm not sure if they've been said, but yeah. Maybe a bit of Ian Brown, but you should honestly try to expand your music tastes a tad because it seems rather tightly locked in the direction. Did you ever try music a bit more experimental, electronic or heavier???

Edit: Oh yeah, I taught I seen abit of Eagles Of Death Metal, Foo Fighters and Nirvana... perhaps some Kyuss, Queens Of The Stone Age or other stuff along those lines.

I dont buy that, this latest album does have a differant sound to previous but give it a chance. I have heard every song and the songs you mentioned are not the best on it. Dustland fairytale, goodnight travel well
    and this is your life are my favourites. In fact all my faves are lesser kown tracks like; Replaceable, Desperate, Under the gun and Soft surrender. I am maybe abit biased because i love there 80's sound and there depeche mode like synths :o:P which appear on all there albums.

links to those songs?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

symbolic wrote: »
    we're listening to the same stuff so here is some more i like:

John Frusciante - all solo stuff + Ataxia
    At the drive in - all
    Jape (get his new one Ritual)
    Tool - aenima
    Panda Bear / Animal Collective

Although I'm unsure how compatible you are with At The Drive-In, the fact that they are the greatest band may be good reason to check them out!

Otherwise, Death Cab for Cutie, Youthmovies (Good Nature is among my albums of the year). Most definitely look into Tokyo Police Club and their debut Elephant Shell. Twilight Sad, Johnny Foreigner and This Town Needs Guns are all well worth investigation.

• Advertisement

links to those songs?

Here's a link to thesamples of the album. It came out mid-week in Japan and they can all be got with a little digging :pac:

http://www.the-killers.de/cover-creator/

Have a listen an see what you think :)

Advertisement