Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cheap alloys..

Options
  • 27-09-2008 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Getting my first car, excuse my lack of knowledge on this subject..

1)anyone recommend a garage or shop where I can get a decent set of second hand alloys?
    2)What kind of price range am I looking at for a clean pair of second hand alloys for a 2002 Fiat Punto ELX?
    3)What size do I need for this car?
    4) How much would a garage charge to put them on?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Price can be anything from 50 to 2000...depends what you want really, just run of the mill alloys or gorgeous alloys.

Max I'd go on a punto is 15"
    About 80 euro to fit and track and balance I'd say.

No idea of a garage as I don't know where you're from..don't go to halfords though.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭plastic-man

What is the problem with Halfords, which I hear so much about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 brianomurphy

What is the problem with Halfords, which I hear so much about?

From my experience. Extremely Over-Priced on just about everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fallon54

Halfrauds would be a better name for them, if your lucky enough to come across someone in a branch that actually has a clue and doesnt drive a knackered out civic with "Fusion" Stickers running down the doors let me know.

To be honest mate, as its your first car, I wouldn't put money into it. Although everyone is different, aftermarket alloys on a fiat punto is just dead money.

Keep your cash unless for something better unless you come across a gem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Might be worth your while finding out what your local breaker's yard has to offer?
    Get the size for the Punto wheels, and see what else will fit...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭slapper

i wouldnt go putting alloys on your first car for at least 6 months cause your gonna wreck em

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

fallon54 wrote: »
    Halfrauds would be a better name for them, if your lucky enough to come across someone in a branch that actually has a clue and doesnt drive a knackered out civic with "Fusion" Stickers running down the doors let me know.

Classic and true, place is far overpriced

• Registered Users Posts: 25 shaney-baby

great place in capel street Mitchell's auto accessories no like halfrauds went up there the weekend and they had pink alloys for 800 euro i would pay that you could get a lovely set of wolfrace street otctanes i got them for my car for 550 15" go to Mitchell's he is a sound man wont rip you of i could get you the number if your really interested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

i had a bad experience with Mitchell's, ordered a standard spoiler for a golf and it took about 4 months to receive.. nice staff though

for alloys in Dublin Id recommend Campbells' garage on the bridge between finglas and cabra. Alloys bought and fitted in 15 mins :)

i would agree with the other replies, its so easy to scrape them off paths

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Cruising_R32

Check out the for sale section on a car forum like dtdirl.com

You should be able to find second hand alloys for sale on there that will suit your car and budget ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

another good bet is adverts.ie you will find loads on there for decent money, but like the lads said drive it for a bit get used to it then get a set but dont spend a huge amount on them, keep your money for your next car ;)

Advertisement