Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dk Maxx's

Options
  • 28-09-2008 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭

No I didn't make a mistake,and Yes it is Dk Maxx not Tk Maxx

I was going to put this in the Shopping in Sligo thread but didn't think it would get the same recognition.

I was going through town this evening and noticed a shop called Dk Maxx there beside where Peter Mark used to be before they moved to Johnston Court,its in the Old King Communications Vodafone store.

There was a big sign in the window saying Menswear clearance but I was wondering if the store is linked to Tk Maxx or is it just taking the p*ss out of Tk Maxx.
    Has anyone ever noticed this place and if so how long has it been there.It must be a pretty small shop though so hardly much space for stock.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I spotted that in my peripheral vision on Friday, now that you mention it, but I'd a list of **** to do including getting the new Sigur Ros album & a shirt, so it didn't really enter my conciousness.. so all I can say is, no, you are not insane. It does exist.

Beyond that, I can't really comment. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I think I heard something about DK Maxx before, AFIK they're pretty much the same as TK Maxx.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I took a wander into the shop today,it's very small.

In a way it is similar,they sell designer coats,t-shirts,jumpers at next to nothing.The designers aren't as well known as the likes of Tommy Hilfiger or Hugo Boss but it's not at the level of Pennys clothing.
    Some very nice things in there,if I wasn't a poor broke student I think I might have bought a few things.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jazyguy

I went in there today and got 2 really good shirts for €20 each, well worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 matt9

in fairness to whoever has it (i think it's aware menswear) theres some decent stuff in it at gr8 prices. small but well worth alook. well below half price and 2 jeans for €50, you could'nt go wrong at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Warning: Next person to post for the first and only time to praise this shop gets banned.

(cheers for the headsup, gus)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

Is it run by Aware menswear?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jazyguy

I think it must be, or else they buy a lot of stock of them, a lot of the stuff seemed to have Aware mensware tags on.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

any more details where this is, still havn't noticed it my self, is it on o'connell street

:confused:

No, it's beside Peter Mark. A very small shop so you would need to be looking for it.

Would be surprised if it is a shop for Aware to sell their reduced items. Everytime I go in there now they have 50%/20% percent off their entire stock. I have noticed over the last while how the price of clothes has reduced dramatically there with them selling brands like Shine. Would like to see them going back to more exclusive brands like when they first opened in 2002 as I don't mind paying that bit extra.

• Advertisement

still none the wiser, sorry,

the only vodafone shops i know is the one that was/is in the tesco complex, the one was/is on oconnell street, and the one presently in the johnson centre, not familar with peter mark, is that the one in the johnson centre as well

this place wouldn't be where the calander stall was in the shopping centre

Beside a video shop (used to be called Video City).

enterance to wine street car park?

Across the road from the Clarence Hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

irish-stew wrote: »
    enterance to wine street car park?

You know across from Kool Kids? Beside Chartbusters? It's just there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

tut tut tut tut tut.........Wh..... whats that Skip?...........why yes, it is the sound of a penny dropping for Irish Stew! :-)

Advertisement