Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox On the way out

• 28-09-2008 12:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭

Its Been a great 2 years....Full of joy,glory and frustration but i think my 360 is about to go belly up

After a few months of getting lots of disc read errors i think my graphics chip is about to give in....Although I am getting funky graphics in GTA http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo51/cianmc1/Image0080.jpg
    http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo51/cianmc1/Image0077.jpg
    Also getting red lines down the screen when playing The orange box

No sign of RROD though

Just wondering how i could put my xbox out of its pain and give it a much dserved holiday to germany sooner??

Want to have it fully working for when fallout and gears 2 come out :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Leave it on loads in a none ventilated area or wrap it up in something whilst it's on. That should hasten its demise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Yeah my (2nd!!!) one packed in last month with the RROD of course. Just could not be arsed sending it back so I'm using the towel trick to get a gaming session out of it anytime I need but its wearing a bit thin at this stage. Beside MG0 has been keeping me plenty busy:D
    Is there anyway I can send it back and let MS give me something off an elite model. Heard before you could do that but i dunno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Asmodean wrote: »
    Is there anyway I can send it back and let MS give me something off an elite model. Heard before you could do that but i dunno

After 4 consoles I demanded a refund and eventually got an elite, and she's trucking along fine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Darwin

My Premium lasted all of 9 months before packing in. Elite is still going strong after 1 year or so even though it's the older chipset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Ah right okay. Yeah I wouldn't be happy getting my one repaired or an equally shoddy replacement. Might just buy a f**ng new one myself. Prob won't get any sort of refund after it only breaking once.

• Advertisement
Advertisement