Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting Up Speed Limits on Garmin

Options
  • 28-09-2008 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi,

I am new to the sat nav world. I was wondering how you set up the speed limits on a sat nav. Mine is the Garmin 250.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

i dont believe there is. The GPS will have speed limits of certain motorways built in to it, dont think you can add speed limits of other roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭patpark121

have to agree with matthew. I have the 250W & there are no settings on it for speed limits. I have seen it on the becker sat navs that aldi of lidl sell every now and again. Best you can get are the speed alerts from mypois.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Garmin supports point alerts (hence POI - Points Of Interest), not stretches of roads. The best you can do therefore with a Garmin is to store points where there might be speed checks but you can't store directional data so that you only get alerted when approaching the POI from a certain direction, all you can do is throw a circle around a POI and the unit will beep at you when you enter the circle, this is known as a proximity waypoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

TANGLEWOOD wrote: »
    Hi,

I am new to the sat nav world. I was wondering how you set up the speed limits on a sat nav. Mine is the Garmin 250.

Thanks.

Download POILoader from the Garmain website and have a look at the instructions. You can use a plain text file with the co-ordinates of the camera locations and upload to your Garmin.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Excuse me but he asked for assistance in downloading speed limits, not speed cameras.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

coylemj wrote: »
    Excuse me but he asked for assistance in downloading speed limits, not speed cameras.

Sorry I misread his original message. Why are you so bothered about it anyway? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭TANGLEWOOD

Thanks everyone for your help. I am interested in the speed cameras so can you tell me a bit more about how upload these?

Thanks.

Advertisement