Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Works in Barna

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Oh. Barna. How I love thee.

I remember moving into there back in the early 90's and there being nothing but the centra (which is a tyre shop last time I went through there?) and Joyce's shop (which is being knocked down) and of course the 2 pubs and the school.

Now...

it's a sh1thole :)
    Barna was just as bad in the early 90s I reckon :).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

pltC! wrote: »
    Well it is a farce ye are all complaining about how long it is taking to get from A to B yet ye all seem to have time to sign up to this and post yer complaints and like I said if work has to be done it has to be done and it wont last forever!
    Oh yea MALICE kinda says it all doesnt it!!:) Nice Name!
    As do you as well, clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 conorL

Pretty crap roadworks alright. I live in Oranmore and work out past Spiddal, so I've an interesting commute every day. Nice new roadworks in Renmore now too!

conorL wrote: »
    Pretty crap roadworks alright. I live in Oranmore and work out past Spiddal, so I've an interesting commute every day. Nice new roadworks in Renmore now too!
    Do you have to deal with the roadworks on the Maree road in Oranmore as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

When do they plan on finishing with the roadworks?

• Advertisement

lisajane wrote: »
    When do they plan on finishing with the roadworks?
    I think at this point they must be an experiment in perpetual motion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The worst bit of all will be in August when they dig up the entire junction at the 12 to join 4 pipe runs together and with a stream running thru it ( and down the side of Donnellys) . It has been fine in recent months now they buggered off up a boreen instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

conorL wrote: »

And they continue still ???

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    The worst bit of all will be in August when they dig up the entire junction at the 12 to join 4 pipe runs together and with a stream running thru it ( and down the side of Donnellys)
    Please tell me you're joking about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭mercuroman

The worst bit of all will be in August when they dig up the entire junction at the 12 to join 4 pipe runs together and with a stream running thru it ( and down the side of Donnellys) . It has been fine in recent months now they buggered off up a boreen instead.

NNNNOOOO - WTF? Back to taking the back road down Knocknacarra for a few months again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

ugh. i was stuck in this mile of traffic trying to get into or through Barna at 3 or 4 pm - ish yesterday evening for 35 minutes and it seemed to ben or i thought it was because of those new fu£king traffic lights at the crossroads? WHY do they need traffic lights there! WHY! its ridiculous! i was told the roadworks had finished a while back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I love looking outside at all the cars in traffic in Barna. Get a bike for christ sake :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

ugh. i was stuck in this mile of traffic trying to get into or through Barna at 3 or 4 pm - ish yesterday evening for 35 minutes and it seemed to ben or i thought it was because of those new fu£king traffic lights at the crossroads? WHY do they need traffic lights there! WHY! its ridiculous! i was told the roadworks had finished a while back?

hmm. maybe some "influential" people live up that road, and don't like having to wait to get out onto the main road? Maybe.;)

I love looking outside at all the cars in traffic in Barna. Get a bike for christ sake :pac:

Yeah, it's an easy cycle in from Carraroe on a good day.
    Like it's an easy cycle in from Inverin on a rainy one.
    You'd want a deathwish to cycle that road in any weather,really.
    Not everyone using that road lives in Barna or Furbo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

big b wrote: »
    Not everyone using that road lives in Barna or Furbo.

Yeah some people may actually live in town, or the other side of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Or Tuam (like me) traveling in and out to Inverin every day :rolleyes:. Biking would be a tad unrealistic.

Oh! Outer-City-Bypass, why hast thou forsaken me?

You commute from Tuam to Inverin? Jebus.:eek:

Tell ya what- if I find a job in Tuam - wanna swop?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Or Tuam (like me) traveling in and out to Inverin every day :rolleyes:. Biking would be a tad unrealistic.

Oh! Outer-City-Bypass, why hast thou forsaken me?
    OK now I must apologise.Sorry :o How long is it to go from Tuam to Inverin timewise?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

OK now I must apologise.Sorry :o How long is it to go from Tuam to Inverin timewise?

70 mins on a good day - you get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

are these roadworks still goin on, i was gonna try make it out to spiddal beach today, but im not even gonna bother if ill have to sit in traffic for an hour:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭shreksaurus

Cranky Bollix, I love your username. Yes the road works are still in barna.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

They seem to have finished now ( until August)

WHY do they need traffic lights there! WHY! its ridiculous!
    I assume you mean the junction at the Twelve Pins and Donnellys? I'm not sure why the lights were installed there either. It can be awkward to turn right from either of the side roads onto the main road but the volume of cars that need to do this surely didn't justify traffic lights? What really pisses me off about them is the amount of motorists who want to turn right off the main road and don't pull forward into the junction sufficiently to allow any cars behind them to filter to the left. That's normally the cause of quite a bit of congestion on the road.
    Sponge Bob wrote:
    Wahey, now we're just back to the "normal" traffic congestion!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

They are re-surfacing now. It was one lane traffic yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Yep, starting again tomorrow, according to the signs...

Advertisement