Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Chinese

Options
  • 28-09-2008 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Ok I finally think I found one the best chinese's in Limerick last night.

The Dragon I in Patrickswell is amazingly good food, I was so impressed. I used to think the best was Jasmine, not after many poor visits of late. Dragon I has to be the best.

If you get a chance to go out there get the black satin chicken, great food.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭rstans

For a take away try Cilli Paddi (061457967) in Thomondgate. Not much to look at but place is spotless and grub is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

any *lucky house* users here? (davis street, near the train station.) personally i like them a lot...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Can't beat the Shamrock on the Ennis Road. We've sworn by it for years, though we may go elsewhere from time to time, we always return.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

rstans wrote: »
    For a take away try Cilli Paddi (061457967) in Thomondgate. Not much to look at but place is spotless and grub is great.

Im afraid its not spotless. Get inside and have a closer look is what I did one day for work related reasons.

They do have a dog which sits inside the kitchen and the chef smokes will doing food prep.

I swear by the Zweton. But not all the Zwetons. Specifically the one in Raheen.

There is only one in Newport which is all good and well but all his chicken dishes are the same save for a different sauce or veg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Find Dimsum to be great myself fantastic garlic chilli chicken starter yum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

electron wrote: »
    any *lucky house* users here? (davis street, near the train station.) personally i like them a lot...

Was just going to suggest them! Probably one of the best take-aways I have had in a long time...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Hooray! Another Best Restaurant/Chinese/Pub/Nightclub/Public Toilet thread! 25 Postings, 25 different best places...

Hooray! Another Best Restaurant/Chinese/Pub/Nightclub/Public Toilet thread! 25 Postings, 25 different best places...

Oh Boo - Urns!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

That stuck me, how could someone decide which one to try based on the current recommendations? All different and some of them not even in the city - we are after all on the city forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Mimibear

Have to agree with Berty the Zweatons are top notch, tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

ninty9er wrote: »
    Can't beat the Shamrock on the Ennis Road. We've sworn by it for years, though we may go elsewhere from time to time, we always return.
    Yep, never had a bad meal from the shamrock. In town the Jasmine has always been superb whenever I've ate there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

The new Chinese called Chungs now near UL is very very tasty! and nice atmosphere in there. Haven't tried it for take away yet!

Haven't been the Shamrock in ages but was always a good meal when we went!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I was impressed with Jumbo, just beside groody bar. very big portions, spring rolls are delicious!

I'd have to agree with Jumbos.Best sweet and sour I've had in the city.

I've heard good things about Chungs aswell but haven't got around to trying them out yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

One Mans all time favourite eatery is another mans account of a bloke chain-smoking while his dog chops carrots :D

- Gotta fúcking love Boards.ie !!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

Zweton in town is lovely, the one out in castletroy is a disaster though. its really bad. couldn't believe the difference. Otherwise the Dragon I out in paddywell is great (nice people too), Jumbo is castletroy is legendary for takeaway. It's some feed. 2 more places: a chinese in newport but I don't know what its called, bit of a dive but lovely grub and finally the dragon fly out in newtown castletroy, nice place, sweet and sour is ok but their fillet black pepper sauce is unreal.

Besides all that, Chinese gives me a sore stomaach so i'm trying to cut down on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

I was impressed with Jumbo, just beside groody bar. very big portions, spring rolls are delicious!

I agree. Had a take away from here lately and it was spot on. Their Cantonese duck was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Zweton in raheen is class for a sit in meal never had a poor one going there years!
    Ive recently been getting grub in takeaway form from ginger lillys on mulgrave street not bad at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

Dim Sum on Catherine Street, is fantastic. Lovely food, spotlessly clean, and friendly staff. Crispy Chilie Chicken is amazing.

Can a poll be put on this, might make it a bit easier to tell the outcome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

foinse wrote: »

Can a poll be put on this, might make it a bit easier to tell the outcome.

yup, good idea...
    i suspects it requires a new thread though?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

I dunno, i think the OP or a mod can put one in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Another vote for Jumbo, Castletroy. I've only had takeaway from there, but it was very good. Z We Ton is pretty good too, but the menu is a bit limited, love their duck pancakes, especially the way they come ready made.

Advertisement