Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neil Gaiman book signing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Gauge wrote: »
    Because they hate me? :p

Hopefully they'll have one left that I can pick up this Thursday evening... either way, thanks for the heads up about the tickets :) even if they run out before I get one, it would have sucked a lot more if I'd shown up on Thursday week only to find out about tickets then!
    No problem, good luck with that! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Just got through this morning and the woman on the phone said that there's no ticket system and she'd heard nothing about tickets at all? She said just show up at the door :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Just got through this morning and the woman on the phone said that there's no ticket system and she'd heard nothing about tickets at all? She said just show up at the door :confused:

Yeah, I got told the same thing. She also called him 'Niall Gaiman'. Oh well, if I show up and the queues are huge it's their problem. Or it won't be mine at any rate. No way I'm travelling two and a half hours to not get my book signed.

• Moderators Posts: 51,779 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Yeah, I got told the same thing. She also called him 'Niall Gaiman'. Oh well, if I show up and the queues are huge it's their problem. Or it won't be mine at any rate. No way I'm travelling two and a half hours to not get my book signed.

From I've read on his blog from previous signings, he has never left if people were still waiting to get stuff signed. On one occasion, he stayed 3 hours over time to sort every out.
    Its no guarantee of course, but it does mean you have a good chance of getting your stuff signed.

If you can read this, you're too close!

Hmm, maybe they only had the tickets to get an idea of how many are coming??
    Well, as Koth said I don't think Neil will mind signing for others if there's a fairly big queue.
    Also, I'm gonna do a drawing of a G1 mobile for him (anyone who reads his blog will undertstand) :D

• Advertisement

Damn that's a great idea! I'd love to do something nice like that but I'm pretty sure if I do end up getting something signed I'm just going to come over all fangirlish and gibbering and not capable of making much sense at all :)

I wrotea piece for violin and soprano from one of his poems about two years ago - I think I might give him a copy of that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 kathrynleona

only saw this post today- thanks for the heads up re: tickets! rang easons today and none left :( the woman on the phone said no entry without them and no cancellation tix etc. am gonna chance my arm anyway, have been looking forward to this for months! pretty stupid not advertising that tickets were needed >_< grr

only saw this post today- thanks for the heads up re: tickets! rang easons today and none left :( the woman on the phone said no entry without them and no cancellation tix etc. am gonna chance my arm anyway, have been looking forward to this for months! pretty stupid not advertising that tickets were needed >_< grr

They'd better not try to pull that schnittke with me - I came down from Sligo for this. Won't be taking no for an answer.

Oh come on, what is this crap? F**k the tickets, people here were told just to come in! To hell with them, everyone come in just as normal, and if they're really strict about it, shout out SARUWATARI! and I'll see if I have one or two tickets spare. I'm still trying to see if anyone I know is coming...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

hey Saruwataru!

I got tickets 61 + 62 so should be next to ya if we all have to be in order :D

rejkin wrote: »
    hey Saruwataru!

I got tickets 61 + 62 so should be next to ya if we all have to be in order :D

Hahah, that's if we have to be in order. :D I presume it'll be first come, first served. What time are you arriving at? I don't wanna be there all night..

Aaaaw WTF are they playing at?! They DEFINITELY told me there was no tickets and that I just needed to show up!

Finally got someone in Easons. Getting a copy signed and posted out.:D
    Was looking like I wouldn't be getting it sorted, delighted it worked out.

If anyone else needs the info, phone 01-858-3811 and they take laser/credit card as payment.

Aaaaw WTF are they playing at?! They DEFINITELY told me there was no tickets and that I just needed to show up!

I'm guessing that the lady who answered the phones to us just didn't know. Management's fault, then; not our problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

koth wrote: »
    Finally got someone in Easons. Getting a copy signed and posted out.:D
    Was looking like I wouldn't be getting it sorted, delighted it worked out.

If anyone else needs the info, phone 01-858-3811 and they take laser/credit card as payment.

Cheers for the headsup, I just did the same thing. Nice.

I'm guessing that the lady who answered the phones to us just didn't know. Management's fault, then; not our problem.

True, but will that defense work when they won't let us in at the door? :(

Going to ring them on my lunchbreak but I don't feel good about it

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Hahah, that's if we have to be in order. :D I presume it'll be first come, first served. What time are you arriving at? I don't wanna be there all night..

Im meeting up with my friend at 6 at easons so ill prob just go straight in then,I doubt since there is tickets that we will be waiting long but easons are useles wit hkeeping order ( i know,i worked for em once) so i say they will scrap the tickets after a while

Doesn't look like any of my friends are interested, so if either of you (Mad Hatter and Gauge) require tickets, I'll give em to ye's...

Doesn't look like any of my friends are interested, so if either of you (Mad Hatter and Gauge) require tickets, I'll give em to ye's...

Cool, thanks a million. I'm heading in to argue with them now, but should that fail, I'll definitely take you up on that=)

(for memory)Saruwatari. Saruwatari. Saruwatari.

• Advertisement

If you're absolutely sure you don't mind giving it up, i'd be forever in your debt :) I'm waiting for Easons to ring me back about it but it's been almost 2 hours since I called them :(

If you're absolutely sure you don't mind giving it up, i'd be forever in your debt :) I'm waiting for Easons to ring me back about it but it's been almost 2 hours since I called them :(

2 hours? Man, they really need to get their crap together...
    There might be quite a turnout (possibly a 100, considering how high the ticket numbers went...), so I might bring a sign with Saruwatari written on it, lol. :p That or go waving the tickets up in the air!

Oh crap, I still have to draw that picture for him, come think of it...
    D'you think he minds recieving stuff off others? :confused:

2 hours? Man, they really need to get their crap together...
    There might be quite a turnout (possibly a 100, considering how high the ticket numbers went...), so I might bring a sign with Saruwatari written on it, lol. :p That or go waving the tickets up in the air!

Oh crap, I still have to draw that picture for him, come think of it...
    D'you think he minds recieving stuff off others? :confused:

He has a blog up about attending a signing, and it seems its not unusual for him to receive stuff from fans.:)
    http://journal.neilgaiman.com/2005/05/so-youre-going-to-signing.asp
    Item 16 on the list deals with gifts.

Ha, well I'll be a blonde girl with glasses and an obnoxious pink scarf with hearts on it :)

As for giving him stuff, I've heard he's quite appreciative.

Gauge: I was just in the store, asked three people and only one of them even knew it was ticketed. Eason have made an appalling mess of this, and I don't think they'll be getting my custom in the future.

Saruwatari: Thanks a million again. If I can't find you, look out for the lost-looking guy with black hair in a blue jumper and black overcoat. What time are you going to be there?

Edit: P.S. I completely failed to stand up to them in their jackassery. What a personal anti-climax...

koth wrote: »
    He has a blog up about attending a signing, and it seems its not unusual for him to receive stuff from fans.:)
    http://journal.neilgaiman.com/2005/05/so-youre-going-to-signing.asp
    Item 16 on the list deals with gifts.
    Cool, thanks man.

Ohh, they changed the website TODAY to reflect that it's a ticketed event. A lot of good that is when the event is today! It didn't say that this morning, and it didn't say it on Gaiman's site either... this was organised very badly. There's going to be a lot of very p!ssed off people tonight.

That's just bull****. I'm gonna tell Neil how badly organized it was...

Turned out ver well! ENded up not saying anything at first when i got to the signing! :mad: finally got some words out before i had to leave

I was the on in the right top corner facing the stand btw :D

• Advertisement

I got a hug!! :D I couldn't think of anything cool to say though :(

Advertisement