Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam 70-316

Options
  • 28-09-2008 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Im looking to sit a .net exam and was thinking of Exam 70-316 - Developing and Implementing Windows-based Applications. Does anyone know if these exams are going to be replaced anytime soon ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

That exam will be retired in March 2009, along with all the MCAD/MCSD exams

If you are working in .NET 2.0 you should consider the MCTS Windows Applications which is a 2 exam track.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Thanks Ginger - I will check those out !

You need to do 70-536 which is .NET Application Development Foundations and then 70-526 which is the Windows Applications Development Exam

Once you have passed both you will get the MCTS Windows Applications Development. You can do them in any order.

There will also be a 3.5 Windows Development exam(70-505) which will be released in Q1 2009. Again this will require 70-536.

Any questions just shout

These are framework 2 exams - wouldnt I be better off doing the 3.5 exams ?

Sure but the Windows exam wont be released til Q1 2009. So if you want to wait its no big deal.

If you are working in 2.0 Windows Apps its an ok exam.

Either way you still need to do the 70-536 exam..

• Advertisement

Also can you recommend a book for 70-536 - all the one listed in amazon have a poor review ?

If you have a look at this thread it covers most of the links to other posts and threads I have done on these exams

Advertisement