Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man crosses English Channel on Jetpack

Options
  • 28-09-2008 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭

Maybe not the right forum, but it is aviation I guess;)
    A Swiss man has become the first person to fly solo across the English Channel using a single jet-propelled wing.

Yves Rossy landed safely after the 22-mile (35.4 km) flight from Calais to Dover, which had been twice postponed this week because of bad weather.

The former military pilot took less than 10 minutes to complete the crossing and parachute to the ground.

The 49-year-old flew on a plane to more than 8,200ft (2,500m), ignited jets on a wing on his back, and jumped out.

Mr Rossy had hoped to reach speeds of 125mph.
    It felt "great, really great", said Mr Rossy: "I only have one word, thank you, to all the people who did it with me."

Full Story

Looks Amazing!:eek:_45049658_rossy226b.jpg

Advertisement