Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Servicing & Warranty Query

Options
  • 28-09-2008 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Folks,
    A mate of mine had a engine failure recently and was told that if he'd a full manufacturers service record, his bill would be covered by warranty. The thing is, he had a full service record, just not with the manufacturer of the car.
    Anybody know the offical line with waranties and servicing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

You wrote: »
    Folks,
    A mate of mine had a engine failure recently and was told that if he'd a full manufacturers service record, his bill would be covered by warranty. The thing is, he had a full service record, just not with the manufacturer of the car.
    Anybody know the offical line with waranties and servicing?

He should go to his solicitor and get his solicitor to write to the business involved and emphasise to whoever he was speaking to that the position adopted by the business is illegal. His warranty is unaffected by his decision to have his car serviced independently. The only exception to this is if the quality of the components fitted have directly caused the problem with his engine. Why has the engine failed???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

No need for a solicitor, under a recent european directive his car is in warrenty once the garage used original parts for servicing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

If the business is openly saying the opposite, the OP would probably have to have the point emphasised to the business. Once a garage starts mouthing off like this, I'd just get a solicitor to deal with it, they know fu*kin well his warranty is unaffected. What make/model is the car and what's the problem with the engine OP???

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

The OP did not make it clear if the car is within warranty or not. it could be a case that the owner was told he could have got goodwill warranty if he had a dealer history.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd agree, without knowing the exact facts here or the history of how the car was maintained its almost impossible to advise the OP accurately.

• Advertisement
Advertisement